small yard self propelled vs push

al704

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently retired and down sized to small home, yard is small...back yard 90ft x 50ft flat/slightly bumpy with couple of obstacles, round fire pit and 5ft x 3ft platform with swing and completely enclosed by privacy fence. Front is 55 x 25 slight grade/bumpy. I know it can be easily done with push mower but I have serious back issues ( 66yrs old other than my back excellent health probably headed for surgery) and my wife thinks we should have a self propelled in case she ends up helping if I'm not able. Never used a self propelled so my question is dose it make any sense to go self propelled in a yard this size.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Recently retired and down sized to small home, yard is small...back yard 90ft x 50ft flat/slightly bumpy with couple of obstacles, round fire pit and 5ft x 3ft platform with swing and completely enclosed by privacy fence. Front is 55 x 25 slight grade/bumpy. I know it can be easily done with push mower but I have serious back issues ( 66yrs old other than my back excellent health probably headed for surgery) and my wife thinks we should have a self propelled in case she ends up helping if I'm not able. Never used a self propelled so my question is dose it make any sense to go self propelled in a yard this size.

Happy Wife = Happy Life .. :thumbsup:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Makes sense to me to go with self propelled. If you wanted just a trim mower for cutting in around the edges and obstacles I'd say go with a push mower. But for actual mowing self propelled is better for your situation in my opinion.

ukrkoz

Threads
I found self propelled to be a gimmick with extra price tag. Get a push mower with LARGE wheels and it will do just fine. I had two SP mowers. Gimmick.