Bad Boy deck wheels

modeladay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know the proper position for the deck wheels as it relates to deck cutting height, there are three places for the wheel adjustment. I have problems getting a decent cut with this mower(ZT Elite 60" ) I sold a Magnum with a 54 inch cut that did a great job. I have got to the point with deck adjustment that I have a fairly even cut on level ground but when turning it will gently scalp that area. Also when not cutting a level surface from side to side it will still cut somewhat lower on the side facing down hill. The wheels are now set at the highest level and rarely engage the ground. Should they always ride the ground?

dfbroxy

Threads
The Deck wheels should not ride on the ground. Set them about one inch above level ground. Sounds like your problem is your mower leaning in the turns. So slow down a little in turns and try putting a few extra pounds of air in your tires. A good starting point is between 10-12psi. Just remember the more air in the tires the bumpier it will be and dont exceed Max tire pressure.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, they should only touch when the deck is in danger of scalping. I keep mine up all the way because they tend to gouge on turns otherwise. I just watch where I'm putting my deck to avoid scalping. Where you run them depends largely on your cutting height. It's quick and easy enough to move them that you might want to try dropping them down to the middle and see if that helps your issues, but I don't think it will.