Hydro-gear ZT-2800 input RPM.

Low Flyer

Threads
According to Kohler's website, the above information that says that peak torque of this motor is 3,200 is incorrect. According to Kohler it is 2,600. http://www.kohlerpower.it/product/kt740/

Anyway, like I said, mine cuts better at Kohler's recommended governed speed. I'll continue to run it there.

Johnbt

Threads
"I guess I'm concerned of damaging the trans axles."

Good luck at 3600 rpm. Let us know what happens in a few years or so.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You've answered your own question.

A car does not require the motor's maximum horsepower output to move it along the road. It requires only a fraction of what the engine can potentially produce. The cars' manuals do not say to run them at near maximum RPM. There is not a sticker on the car that states 3,600 RPM WOT. Also, the car's engine doesn't depend on the air flowing over the engine to cool it.

And comparing the operation of a lawn mower to a car is just silly. There is no comparison. They are two totally different machines with different designs and different purposes.

A more relative comparison would be the lawn mower to a tractor's PTO. Regardless of the implement attached to the tractor's PTO, the PTO speed is always the same, either 540RPM or 1000RPM, whether gas or diesel. These engines are designed to run near to maximum RPM to achieve the desired PTO RPM, as are these lawn mower engines. The ground speed is constant and the operator doesn't change gears. For instance, when I am bush hogging with my 82HP diesel tractor I put the tractor in 5th gear and that is where it stays. My ground speed is constant probably 95% of the time except on uneven ground, slopes, etc but the PTO speed remains the same, I do not slow the engine. It is generally the same with a lawn mower, except a person may slow his ground speed to change directions, maneuver around an obstacle. The there is no changing of gears, the PTO speed stays constant.

I'll run my KT740 at 3,600 RPM, it cuts much better at this speed than at 3,200 RPM.

And I don't know why you are talking about Toro. My question was referencing my Cub Cadet. I don't own a Toro, so I cannot speak about how a Toro operates or how it is built.

So what is different to how Cub Cadet power their mower to Toro, MTD , JD on any other mower maker ?

There is no conspiracy and you have totally missed what was being said intentionally.

From your original post you have zero understanding of the principles of gearing using belts & pulleys.
From you other posts you have zero understanding of the difference between TORQUE & Hp
Despite your total lack of understandling you have decided you know better that the engineers who designed your mower.
And everyone is trying to cheat you out of the Hp you paid for.

So go ahead and mow.
Obviously no one can tell you any better because you refuse point blank to make the smallest attempt to try & understand.
I will bend over backwards to help a person who really needs it and is making an effort.
However there is nothing I can do to overcome a persecution complex.
Good luck & good by

Low Flyer

Threads
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by showing your mistakes. So now you resort to insults. No problem. I won't stoop to that level.

I have a vast understanding of motion and power transmission, whether chains, belts, hydraulics, etc. I was just asking if anyone else's mower's that use these transaxles engines run at 3,600 RPM.

Good bye to you too.