tiger cat 2 52 inch

rowdy5118

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just get her home went to mow on a incline sideways and it wants to pick up the front wheel and dig in and scalp the grass my ferris never done this not real happy with it for what it cost

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then don't do that :)

I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to a different machine and how it likes to be operated.

rowdy5118

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah I dont think that's it I run them both the same kinda glad I kept my ferris

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
So you're cutting perpendicular to the slope from the bottom? Maybe try cutting at 45 degrees? That can't get a little weird as the crest the slope though since one front wheel gets there first and you can scalp. I lift the deck at that point. I don't run Scags though. But I'm still not sure I understand exactly what's happening for you. Rigid frame machines handle differently than ones with suspension. I suspect that's the issue. I'm assuming your Ferris has a suspension system.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know what you are doing or not doing but a 52" Tiger Cat Scag is as good as it gets.

rowdy5118

Forum Newbie
Threads
I only mowed the same way I did with my ferris my ferris never ever lifted the one front tire that all I'm saying the scag is a nice machine but my 6000 ferris never has scalped that yard I've been mowing it for 3 years

tigercat

Threads
I will spin the wheels going down hills. You must go up inclines or this will happen. Heavy machine and it will slide if you take the weight off the rear wheels. Heck I spin the wheels if I try and back up with just one wheel to turn it around.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Different machines handle slopes differently and it is up to the operator to adjust. My Lazer does better than my Bob-Cat going down hills but the Bob-Cat does better going across them. So I operate them differently.

rowdy5118

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah I agree just thought it would do the same