PTO won't engage on L130

GrassInPA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere L130 that I've talked about before on here. Yesterday I was cutting grass, came around a corner and all of a sudden the PTO cut out. You can hear the engine rev up when you pull out on the button but the blades spin slow. I've traced the wires as best as I could and nothing looks obviously broken. The clutch underneath looks like it's spinning back and forth but not the whole way around. All of the belts seem tight as well.

Is there any other items I can test before saying it is the clutch is bad? Also, it seems like a pretty simple and straightforward replacement process if that's what is bad?

Thank you in advance.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you have volts getting to the clutch, and With the engine off, and sitting on the seat and you engage the clutch can you hear it clunk into engagement. If it clunks into engagement but doesn't turn the blades it could be a case of the drive disc on the clutch has broken and will require the clutch to be replaced.

GrassInPA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you have volts getting to the clutch, and With the engine off, and sitting on the seat and you engage the clutch can you hear it clunk into engagement. If it clunks into engagement but doesn't turn the blades it could be a case of the drive disc on the clutch has broken and will require the clutch to be replaced.

So I feel pretty dumb after posting on here the other day. I crawled back under the mower and played around with the belt again and it did seem really loose. I went down to the neighbor's house and we found the spring that controls the tension on the belt. The one end popped out of the little hole. Once I hooked it back up, everything was good again.

I did notice that the tiny pulley that looks like it's more of a guide than anything is starting to split. It is the one that looks like it's on a little standoff on the deck. I wasn't 100% sure what this one was called?