greasing a ZT 42 courier by Simplicity

RoGaS1

Forum Newbie
Threads
newbie here. cannot find info of where grease points are for maintenance. I see info. for greasing any/all ZT mowers online do not want to miss any by only using basic catch all info. (are they all basicly the same?)

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It should be in your owner's manual. Usually there is a table showing the frequency of maintenance for different parts of the machine. It's then up to you to find those components and address them. Your dealer will likely be happy to walk you through what you need to do on their floor model. Yes they are basically the same but will vary somewhat, so you do need info specific to your machine. Some machines will need the spindles, caster forks and caster wheels greased while others will not. Deck suspension systems also vary.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Read your Owners Manual, but I think that model Briggs only takes grease on front wheels.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Typical zero turn probably has grease fittings on the front wheels, front spindles, deck spindles and an idler pivot on the deck.

Lawn Addict
Threads
That one is not typical....Google up this model it should show the OP an Owners Manual & points to grease.

Last edited:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just looked at a friend's Gravely. It doesn't have a single grease zerk on it.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't see any.

OTOH, what it does have is the dreaded Gravely deck vibration.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't see any.

OTOH, what it does have is the dreaded Gravely deck vibration.

I don't know anything about Gravelys. So that is something new ta me.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm expecting parts from a dealer who sells the Courier in a day or 2. I'll try to remember to ask or at least take a look at their floor model.