HR 215SX Stuck on Next Step of Cleaning the Carburetor

MowGrass

Threads
  • / HR 215SX Stuck on Next Step of Cleaning the Carburetor
I put a lot of my time into refurbishing the HR 215 with new parts. The step involves cleaning the carburetor in a good way by removing the carburetor and cleaning the individual parts. Now I have the Air Filter unit off the mower. What puzzles me is how to remove the carburetor in the right way.

I think there are 4 things that need to be done: 1 disconnect the throttle linkage but I am not sure how to do that. 2 Remove a spring connection but I am not sure how to do that.
3 Disconnect the Choke linkage but I am not sure how to do that. I see the "Z" like connection but how should it be removed. 4 Unhook the gas line from the carb. That one I might be okay to do. although the gas tube connection to the carb is hard to reach. It is this part of 'How-To" that is not clear to me.
Can you please provide guidance on the "How-To'" on this step?

MowGrass

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove air filter & housing.
Remove fuel line.
Unhook the spring on the throttle - governor rod
Slide the carb forward on the studs till the throttle rod lines up with the slot in the throttle plate
Pull the throttle rod strait up.
The carb will now come forward off the studs.
Once off twist the carb to release the choke rod.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you haven't already done so, be sure to take lots of pics BEFORE and during working on your machine, ESPECIALLY close-up of the carb linkages, and spring ATTACHMENT points, it will save BIG headaches later .....

Examples:

2011-07-02_015436_12.5_briggs_vertical_linkage.jpg..DSCN1958.jpg..DSCN2502.jpg

MowGrass

Threads
bertsmobile1
Success!
Your 2 replies gave me the How-To steps to remove the carburetor from the mower.
Now I can appreciate the simplicity and sequence of your method.
I also commend you on the use of the camera during the steps of the carburetor removal and reassembly on the mower.
Best Regards,
MowGrass

MowGrass

Threads
Boobala,
Your emphasis on using a camera paid off. It enabled me to step back and forward in time in removing the carburetor and re-installing it back onto the mower.
Good sound guidance,
Thank you!
MowGrass