John Deere parts and service.

davesorl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took my John Deere Z
trak to a shop this morning. I guess the owner, meet me in the parking lot and said they couldn't work on John Deere's. Noticed ereplacementparts.com does not carry parts for John Deere parts. Has anyone run into anything like this or was this shop just being difficult? Or maybe he was just being a privite part head.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Took my John Deere Z
trak to a shop this morning. I guess the owner, meet me in the parking lot and said they couldn't work on John Deere's. Noticed ereplacementparts.com does not carry parts for John Deere parts. Has anyone run into anything like this or was this shop just being difficult? Or maybe he was just being a privite part head.

Genuine JD parts are only available from genuine JD dealers or via their direct web sales.
Stihl are the same and I am sure there are more like this.
Stens will sell me aftermarket parts for Ariens & Gravley mowers but not original parts because I am not a franchised dealer even though I have an account with them.

I can do warranty work on JD's & inwarranty servicing on JD' s fitted with Kohler engines , including all mower parts.
However I can not do the same on exactly the same mower fitted with a Kawasaki or Briggs engine because I am not a certified kawasaki or Briggs mechanic.
But if I buy & fit a new kawasaki engine to a JD ( or any other brand mower ) I can do both warranty & in warranty servicing,

All weird stuff which makes little common sense