Walker Hydro issue?

huey3110

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a used walker mower the other day, it's an 07' Super Bee.
It was obvious during my initial inspection that the mower had not been properly maintained, the price however to cheap to pass.

I've cut 12 subdivision homes with it and suddenly today at the end of my pass while turning around to make another the left side reverse stopped working.

The pump isn't and wasn't making any noise, it was very strong up until it went out. Now while standing off to the side of the mower the left reverse will move barely but nothing if I'm sitting on it.

I didn't notice anything unusual leading up to the malfunction which kind of has me confused.

The fluid was a little dark, but full and when i removed the top bolt it come out like it was supposed to. I checked the oil to make sure there were no metal shavings and there wasn't.

Any incite would be appreciated, I'm just not so convinced it's the pump so I need some other opinion.

Thank you

Ericg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a used walker mower the other day, it's an 07' Super Bee.
It was obvious during my initial inspection that the mower had not been properly maintained, the price however to cheap to pass.

I've cut 12 subdivision homes with it and suddenly today at the end of my pass while turning around to make another the left side reverse stopped working.

The pump isn't and wasn't making any noise, it was very strong up until it went out. Now while standing off to the side of the mower the left reverse will move barely but nothing if I'm sitting on it.

I didn't notice anything unusual leading up to the malfunction which kind of has me confused.

The fluid was a little dark, but full and when i removed the top bolt it come out like it was supposed to. I checked the oil to make sure there were no metal shavings and there wasn't.

Any incite would be appreciated, I'm just not so convinced it's the pump so I need some other opinion.

Thank you
I believe that the Super B utilizes Hydro Gear ZT transaxles. Go to hydro-gear.com and under manuals, look for the transaxle section. Then click on ZT2800/3100/3200/3400. That is the service manual which contains a troubleshooting section

huey3110

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe that the Super B utilizes Hydro Gear ZT transaxles. Go to hydro-gear.com and under manuals, look for the transaxle section. Then click on ZT2800/3100/3200/3400. That is the service manual which contains a troubleshooting section

I solved the problem. I assumed the worst, but it turned out to be the wheel hub. The splines inside the wheel hub were wore out from the previous owner no tightening the bolt down all the way. I was suspect that it was the pump considering the manner it went out. I appreciate the response though bud.