SV735-0016

Tony2mowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
My sv735 runs then dies. Notice a lot of fuel in compartment under air filter. Is there supposed to be fuel in there?

Tony2mowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
My sv735 runs then dies. Notice a lot of fuel in compartment under air filter. Is there supposed to be fuel in there?

Update, found a hole in the float good news is I got a float bad news I was charge 65 bucks for it with a new needle and intake gasket. Also had to replace the ignition coils #2 cylinder was firing intermediatly. Koehler had a bulletin on these for this model and several others. So if your Koehler runs and then dies after 5, 10, 15 minutes then its probably the coils. If its equipped with the digital ones. They had issues with the DSAI ignition and made a kit to covert them to MDI ignition coils. Koehler never fails to make you pay for their mistakes cost me 80 + tax for the kit. Needless to say my mower is now running great again knock on wood. Hope this helps someone else.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The biggest problem with the Kohler ignition module issues wasn't even caused by Kohler. Kohler changed systems partially due to trying to protect the electronics in the modules, and partially because of changing suppliers that products parts that weren't compatible with each other. The primary killer of the spark advance modules was actually caused by the electric clutch. When you shut the clutch off it becomes a generator while the blades are winding down which caused backfeed electric spikes, which killed not only the ignition modules on some engines, but was also known to kill the ECU on the EFI engines, And I know of at least one technician laptop got killed when they had the diagnostics software connected to the mower and the clutch was shut off. That mower lacked the diode between the two clutch wires referred to as a clamping diode to reroute the power generated back into itself.

Tony2mowers

Forum Newbie
Threads

Good info appreciate the feed back. I feel that Kohler could have made these coils less expensive for their customers. They obviously actknowledge there was a problem.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good info appreciate the feed back. I feel that Kohler could have made these coils less expensive for their customers. They obviously actknowledge there was a problem.

Actually they did. The price of one replacement module is about the same price as the entire upgrade kit.