Different crews throughout the week

danielzamir

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I live in an apartment building and have noticed that our landscaping company works 2 or even sometimes 3 days a week. When I called to ask them about this, they said it's because they schedule different crews throughout the week. I was wondering how common this is in the industry, and if I have any right to complain to my management company to see if it's possible to schedule more crews on the same day so they don't have to come as often.

Thanks!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Generally it's up to the landscaper how they fullfill their contact requirements. They may have one crew that mows, another that weeds/mulches and one that does the fertilizer applications. Does it really matter?

P.S. - I think you're actually out of line calling the landscaping company if you're just a tenant there. What if every tenant called them? Who are you to question how they do their job?!?

Last edited:

danielzamir

Forum Newbie
Threads
The noise from their work is a nuisance. Therefore, if they can work fewer total days with several crews together, it would be considerate of the tenants. Furthermore, I think there should be some regularity to when they come so I can plan my schedule accordingly. The current situation is that they come 2-3 times a week with skeleton crews (when one day a week is probably enough) at completely random times.

P.S. - There's no difference between an individual homeowner hiring a company and being a tenant in a building. I pay my rent and am allowed to ask them about how they manage their schedule.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The noise from their work is a nuisance. Therefore, if they can work fewer total days with several crews together, it would be considerate of the tenants. Furthermore, I think there should be some regularity to when they come so I can plan my schedule accordingly. The current situation is that they come 2-3 times a week with skeleton crews (when one day a week is probably enough) at completely random times.

P.S. - There's no difference between an individual homeowner hiring a company and being a tenant in a building. I pay my rent and am allowed to ask them about how they manage their schedule.

The person you should be complaining to is the strata manager , or whatever they call the person who manages the building.
You are not the companies customer, the body corporate is.
The body corporate is responsible to you & the lawn car company is responsible to the body corporate.

One of my sisters was not happy about being asked for money all the time so she challenged the strata manager, called a tenants meeting and took over the strata management herself.
She was one of 3 owner occupiers and all of them are pensioners.
So she runs the strata & gets paid 1/10 of what the previous manager was charging, one of the owners cleans to common areas again for far less than they previous manager was charging for it and the third does the ground care & gardening.
They dumped nearly all the lawn, put in a lot of flowers & shrubs so much that all the tenants regularly use the grounds as one would normally use a backyard.
The whole block of 16 units now work together and every ones life has drastically improved as has security because now they all know each other, plus regular family & friends that visit .
They went from one break in a month to none in the past 9 years.

So there is some food for thought

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Vote with your feet--move if you don't like it. Find some place that lets the grounds grow up in weeds so as to not disturb the residents.

Or, buy your own place and take care of the grounds yourself. Or ignore. Your choice.

Or, get a job so that you're not home during the day to find inconsequential things to complain about.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

No no no no no. You need to follow the chain of command. I used to maintain two apartment buildings and frankly it was a royal pain in the arse dealing with the tenants telling me what I needed to do, how I needed to do it and when I needed to do it. Yeah like I'm going to run my schedule around your baby's sleep schedule. Get real! It was the same with the business complex I maintaned. Tenants always wanting me to do things that were outside of my scope of work. I suppose you want to instruct the chef directly on how you want your food prepared when you go out to eat rather than the server...that's not how it works.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
And don't forget that the crews have to work around the weather which keeps no set schedule.

danielzamir

Forum Newbie
Threads
Vote with your feet--move if you don't like it. Find some place that lets the grounds grow up in weeds so as to not disturb the residents.

Or, buy your own place and take care of the grounds yourself. Or ignore. Your choice.

Or, get a job so that you're not home during the day to find inconsequential things to complain about.

I have a job. I work from home.

danielzamir

Forum Newbie
Threads
And don't forget that the crews have to work around the weather which keeps no set schedule.

It's not a weather issue. They just don't care about the tenants and come 2-3 times a week when one time a week is enough.

danielzamir

Forum Newbie
Threads
No no no no no. You need to follow the chain of command. I used to maintain two apartment buildings and frankly it was a royal pain in the arse dealing with the tenants telling me what I needed to do, how I needed to do it and when I needed to do it. Yeah like I'm going to run my schedule around your baby's sleep schedule. Get real! It was the same with the business complex I maintaned. Tenants always wanting me to do things that were outside of my scope of work. I suppose you want to instruct the chef directly on how you want your food prepared when you go out to eat rather than the server...that's not how it works.

I spoke to my property manager and he took care of it. Even though it should be obvious that coming to the same building 2-3 times a week with skeleton crews sucks for the tenants, my property manager spoke to the company and they've been coming to the building only once a week since.