New Dixie Chopper

soobaroo

Threads
After taking too long to decide what to get I bought a new BlackHawk today. I was looking at the Zee 2 and Magnum but convinced myself I needed more. I don’t but you only live once. Heck of a learning curve coming from a tractor but by the time I finished my lawn I was going fairly straight. Hope I have good luck with it.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congratulations!

Going straight is the easy part. Turning without destroying the lawn is the tricky part! :laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Congratulations!

Going straight is the easy part. Turning without destroying the lawn is the tricky part! :laughing:

Reversing Direction ?? ... isn't that a 5, 6, or 7 point turn-about, OR learning to "cut Donuts" then you learn to lay sod.. Green - side UP .. :laughing:..:laughing:

soobaroo

Threads
Congratulations!

I put a couple of bruises in the lawn during the first 10 minutes but after that all was good. I have a big church lawn to do without many obstacles so a good place to practice.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I put a couple of bruises in the lawn during the first 10 minutes but after that all was good. I have a big church lawn to do without many obstacles so a good place to practice.

Be sure to over-load the "collection-plate" next Sunday !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

soobaroo

Threads
Be sure to over-load the "collection-plate" next Sunday !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

I did that church today. If you were watching you’d almost think I knew what I was doing. Catching on pretty quick. I was afraid I might have bought too big a machine but now I’m happy I didn’t go with a smaller one. So far I’m impressed but it’s early. Not many people around here have ever heard of Dixie Chopper but most think it’s a nice looking mower.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good to hear. There's a few guys in my area that run their commercial units. Lors of stainless steel with bar tread tires. They look kind of primitive but hold up well. They used to make a dual engine model! I think they still tour with the one that they put a jet engine from a Chinook helicopter on. That was featured on an episode of Tool Time. Bottom line is that they know how to make serious grass cutting machines.

soobaroo

Threads
Good to hear. There's a few guys in my area that run their commercial units. Lors of stainless steel with bar tread tires. They look kind of primitive but hold up well. They used to make a dual engine model! I think they still tour with the one that they put a jet engine from a Chinook helicopter on. That was featured on an episode of Tool Time. Bottom line is that they know how to make serious grass cutting machines.

One of the owners of Dixie is a defense contractor. That seems to be where the model names come from. Magnum, BlackHawk, Eagle. The small Zee 2 does look odd with its stainless steel covers. They look like saddlebags. The bigger machines have nicer styling, at least I thought so.