Warranty on Snapper 360z

woodrow1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a new Snapper 360z last June and really loved it until the transaxle went out. It has been in the shop for two months waiting on a new transaxle from Snapper. Meanwhile the warranty time is still ticking away. Don't know what else to do?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not sure that I understand what the issue is with the warranty. The dealer is replacing the transaxle under warranty already, right,? Do you mean that the warranty for other issues is ticking away while you don't have use of the unit? If so that's just how it goes... they're not going to credit your warranty for the time it spent in the shop.

woodrow1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not sure that I understand what the issue is with the warranty. The dealer is replacing the transaxle under warranty already, right,? Do you mean that the warranty for other issues is ticking away while you don't have use of the unit? If so that's just how it goes... they're not going to credit your warranty for the time it spent in the shop.
The question is, why does it take Snapper so long to get parts to the dealer that I bought from?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dealers have been known to feed customers BS, especially when it comes to warranty work. It's the last thing they want to do between the paperwork and the reduced pay rate. Basically you're at the back of the line for service by no fault of your own. In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if they have your parts and are just dragging their feet to get them installed until they have nothing "better" to do.

NorthBama

Threads
If it was my machine i would be there every day show me something on this repair process or else i will take other action. Two months is ridiculous.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have been waiting for two $4 bearings for an edger for right at a month now. I have had to wait up to 6 months for backordered parts in some cases.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been waiting for two $4 bearings for an edger for right at a month now. I have had to wait up to 6 months for backordered parts in some cases.

No doubt that happens. Hydro-Gear EZT transaxles and parts are generally readily available though, no?