BR 700 running speed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do any of you know what the running speed of a BR 700 is ?
as it is the same engine & weight as the 550 & 600 I would guess that the extra wind speed comes from a higher reving engine as was done with the 3 smaller models but cranking up a small pushrod motor to 8000 rpm goes against my grain.
Thank You.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think it's the same speed. I know that the BR 700 has a slighter larger diameter tube and I think it has a redesigned fan. Basically they sacrificed mph for more cfm.

My primary mechanic would beat me over the head with a torque wrench if I bought a Stihl 4-mix blower. He hates the things. The problem he sees too often is with those who use them for extended periods - the engine heat causes the nylon cam gears to get brittle and disintegrate. Also the valves need to be adjusted perfect to get them to start both warm and cold. We just talked about them yesterday when I was buying new plugs and an air filter for my mower that fouled them due to the choke problem. They're my Husqvarna dealer but will work on almost anything for me in a pinch.

The BR 800 will be out soon...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This bloke dose a lot of commercial & retail properties which includes cleaning the parking lot every week so the blowers get a lot of use.
He eats 1 every year or two and by eats I mean wears out, bores at max size, rings way too thin and about 1/2 of them end up with oval bores.
We were going to rebuild them but down here the short block is $ 400 labour would be another $ 180 , and the complete blower is $ 1000.
HE tends to wear out rockers more than the plastic drive gears, but if one went 3 or 4 years they probably would become a problem.
Have rebuilt a couple making a least worst from a pile of corpses which he keeps for back up.

Just hoped some one actually knew the numbers.
The 400, 500, 550 & 600 all have increased top speed as you go up.
The 600 ending up being 7200rpm but has been replaced with the 700 for which I can find no service info.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's one of the reasons my mechanic doesn't like them...access to service info, parts diagrams and parts are well protected by Stihl. The shop owner doesn't even want them working on Stihl equipment but the mechanic will anyway for the "right" customer. Shhhh, lol.

Edit:. I did find idle speed spec of 2,500 but I know that doesn't help.