Any 40V max GW mowers cut above 3.75" ?

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
or, accept larger wheels to raise height?

dougmacm

Threads
I don't think ANY Greenworks made mower (incl. Kobalt & Snapper) in 40, 60 or 80V has a cut higher than 3-3/4".

It does not look like they use larger than 10" wheels on anything either.

If you could find 12" wheels to fit out back it looks like they would clear the deck, however 10" wheels would NOT clear the deck up front … can barely get a finger tip between the stock 8" and the deck on either of my 21" 40V decks so you'd likely have to modify somehow to get 10's to fit.

Better option would be to add an "8th notch" for the height lever … looks like this would work on mine and it would give you about 1/2" higher cut. You would want to reinforce the bottom side of the slotted piece though as this added notch would weaken it plus it gets narrower at the end.

Doug

Attachments

• GW Mower Height Adj.jpg
    GW Mower Height Adj.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 11

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
oh doug, I never thought about trying to extend the present height select!, I'm gonna look at that on my present mower (twinforce)

I was having an issue with it not starting reliably and put the cable connector at the DM bail in from the other side starts now - maybe the cable has stretched or the internal bracket has shifted with time.

I really need a wider cutting path - and if I have to go to a new mower, I'm really leaning toward something that would cut at 4" or even a little more.

of course, I'd love to stay with the battery system I have - 40V max.....

ugh, maybe it will be easier to wait till next year to decide.

dougmacm

Threads
Never really looked closely at the Twin Force until just now.

Now that I have I see it is a completely different design compared to the single blade 21" steel deck mowers. Not only is the deck plastic, the height adjustment lever is more towards the middle of the housing and I don't see how you could alter it like you could on these steel deck mowers.

Also the GW site states the TwinForce max cutting height is 3-3/8" (not 3-3/4") and it is also stating it has a 20" cutting deck. Is this actually the "deck" width like they claim on the 21" steel decks that actually have a 20" long blade / cutting width ?? If so, you may only have 19" or so of cutting width on that Twin Force. Might be hard to measure the cutting width across the blades though since they are staggered. May be easiest to just cut a strip of grass in the middle of your yard and measure how wide it is cutting.

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
oh, I realize it's a different height control, I just never thought of trying to modify that 'system' until you mentioned it. There may be a rod I can bend or some connection I could lengthen - honestly, I'd like to abandon this mower - or keep for back-up and get something with a wider cut and taller cutting height. All the plastic teeth is had underneath are gone and there's a small bite out of the plastic skirt....

yeah, I'm barely cutting 19" I think, maybe 18.5" or so?

MowerMike

Threads
The cutting path of the Greenworks Twin Force is about 19” by my measurement. There are not many choices when it comes to cutting heights over 3-3/4” and even then the maximum is only 4”. My 56 volt WORX has a maximum cutting height of 4”, but the blade is only 19” long. Echo makes a 58 volt mower with a maximum cutting height of 4” and a 21” long blade, which AFAIK is the best currently available in a cordless push mower. Frankly, if I had more than 1/2 acre to mow I’d capitulate, and get a gas riding mower. As it is, my lawn is only about 6500 sq ft and nearly flat, so a cordless push mower works fine for me.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
i have a flat .39 acre lot, minus small home and driveway/sidewalk area I guess. But even 5% or so less walking, perhaps with a smoother/better looking cut is very tempting.

and it seems the GW mowers in my sights will give me another 3/8" or so of height so, that may be OK.

thanx guys

dougmacm

Threads
i have a flat .39 acre lot, minus small home and driveway/sidewalk area I guess. But even 5% or so less walking, perhaps with a smoother/better looking cut is very tempting.

and it seems the GW mowers in my sights will give me another 3/8" or so of height so, that may be OK.

thanx guys

Tyler Tool currently has the MO40L01 (40V 21" Pusher tool only) for $219.99 shipped. I got mine direct from GW on a 4th of July sale for $200 delivered.

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
so, I got a 'used/returned' MO40L01 at a very good price from the amazon warehouse - and they seem to have mistakenly sent 2 2Ah batteries that were NOT listed with the item! paid $164 delivered!

but, I found the reason this was returned, the pieces on the rear axle that actually have the wheels atached to them are not aligned - one wheel is off the ground if you keep 3 in contact.

I have a new axle on the way - at least the part is affordable.

I just didn't want to hassle with any kind of return or warranty nonsense - I'm still saving a lot of money.

I wish it was easier to pull the batteries out of this mower, and I wish it would 'nose-up' closer to objects in the front, but everything else seems OK.

MowerMike

Threads
... and I wish it would 'nose-up' closer to objects in the front, but everything else seems OK.

This is a problem with all mowers that have an internal single lever wheel height adjustment. There needs to be room at the front of the deck for the axle and mechanism. Mowers with external single wheel height adjustments are much better.