Cub Cadet RZT SX54 21.5 Kawasaki Owners Or Shoppers?

Selluwud

Threads
I'm taking a serious look at picking this machine up this fall. I like the idea of a steering wheel as my arms go numb when holding ZT levers and the width and engine type meet my specs. Does anyone know enough about this mower to warrant seconds thoughts? I certainly don't want to waste my money. It sells for 3699.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can tell you that engine is same size as I have in my Toro Z. I love it !!!!

Selluwud

Threads
I can tell you that engine is same size as I have in my Toro Z. I love it !!!!

Sounds good. I've found Kawa's to be dependable and long lived. Keep the oil and air filters changed and use good fuel.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds good. I've found Kawa's to be dependable and long lived. Keep the oil and air filters changed and use good fuel.

That is my experience, in 4 years only thing I had to do was adjust the valves once. It runs solid lifters. With gobs of torque. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I have no experience with Cubs tho..

Selluwud

Threads
That is my experience, in 4 years only thing I had to do was adjust the valves once. It runs solid lifters. With gobs of torque. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I have no experience with Cubs tho..

What Toro model are you using, a local dealer sells Hustlers and Toro's and they like to push the Hustlers as having a better control "feel", they said the Toros were kind of "twitchy". I know the Toro name has a good reputation, but these days that doesn't seem to mean much. They sell in the same price range, I just want something that is dependable and is easy to change belts and other maintenance. Thanks for your feedback, I'll research your model.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine was the last year you could get a Kawasaki engine in a Timecutter. It is a 2014 Timecutter SS 4260, also Toro's 100 year anniversary.

The 4260 has all the bells & whistles. & Not a single thing 'twitchy' about mine. Other engine options are Kohler & Toros own branded engine, made in china.

PS: You don't earn a good reputation selling junk.