Weights needed for Regent 23/38?

tommyboy

Threads
Hi,

First time poster here; newbie to the forum!

I am ordering a 2019 Simplicity Regent 23/38 lawn tractor for delivery in the spring. This is my first lawn tractor so I'm pretty excited! I am ordering the factory bagger system with it, but I have two questions that I was hoping to get a little help with.

1. Do you think I will need any additional "weight kits" with this tractor? The tractor will get light use; mowing once a week generally under a half acre. There are a few very small hills but the slope is not that great or of any real concern. I will always be mowing in dry conditions. Is there sufficient traction without additional weight? This tractor will never be used in snow, the snow attachments aren't even available on this smaller Regent model.

2. I always use the bagger for mowing grass and I will also be using the bagger for picking up leaves in the fall. Is there sufficient suction for bagging as it is without the "turbo vac" attachment? I'd really like to not have the turbo if bagging works reasonably well as is without. I have also gotten different information about the turbo attachment; one dealer says that it is available for the Regent 23/38 as a retrofit and one dealer says the turbo is only available on the bigger Regent models. If somebody could give me definitive information about that, would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Evil.Dingo

Threads
Hi,

First time poster here; newbie to the forum!

I am ordering a 2019 Simplicity Regent 23/38 lawn tractor for delivery in the spring. This is my first lawn tractor so I'm pretty excited! I am ordering the factory bagger system with it, but I have two questions that I was hoping to get a little help with.

1. Do you think I will need any additional "weight kits" with this tractor? The tractor will get light use; mowing once a week generally under a half acre. There are a few very small hills but the slope is not that great or of any real concern. I will always be mowing in dry conditions. Is there sufficient traction without additional weight? This tractor will never be used in snow, the snow attachments aren't even available on this smaller Regent model.

2. I always use the bagger for mowing grass and I will also be using the bagger for picking up leaves in the fall. Is there sufficient suction for bagging as it is without the "turbo vac" attachment? I'd really like to not have the turbo if bagging works reasonably well as is without. I have also gotten different information about the turbo attachment; one dealer says that it is available for the Regent 23/38 as a retrofit and one dealer says the turbo is only available on the bigger Regent models. If somebody could give me definitive information about that, would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

First off, congrats on the purchase. That's the mower I would get if I was allowed to buy new. :)
Im new to forum and riding mower world. Have always had a push mower, but since I have a large yard now, I picked up a used 2002 Regent 38" with a 16 hp kohler. It does the hills in my backyard just fine stock. You should be fine stock. Figured if mine does ok, yours is going to be great. I think you have some kind of fancy traction control in the new ones....