What is the fastest killer of deck spindles?

SidecarFlip

Threads
Besides no maintenance..:thumbdown:

I think number one is the Cub Cadet 'Deck wash' system. Guaranteed to destroy a spindle or spindles quick. Second is mowing the yard and sucking a piece of poly baler twine. That poly twine destroys the grease seal pronto, melts from friction and then eats up the lower bearing no matter if it has grease or not...

Been there, did that on both counts.

Lets hear some good ones....

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Fastest killer is solid objects like the water meter.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
NOPE ......... A Colt Model 1911, 45 Cal. .. ULTRA FAST !!!! .. :thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

SidecarFlip

Threads
Fastest killer is solid objects like the water meter.

Your comment reminded me of an incident I had when mowing but not with the lawnmower.

I was mowing a hayfield with my JD MoCo (that I use on fields I'm not familiar with because a disc machine can suffer severe driveline damage if it hits hidden objects) where as a sickle bar mower is immune to most all objects, anyway, I was mowing the headlands and this field was next to a sub division and hidden in the hay-grass was a live electrical hookup and I mowed it. I had the 'blue Flame' under the mower as I severed the service cables. Probably 200 amp 220-1 service. Kept on mowing but when I got back to the farm and lifted the machine up and looked underneath, there was a foot long blue black trail on the skid shoe where the live cable grounded to the mower. Needless to say I carefully avoided that part of the headlands from then on out.

In one of those round bales was a length of burned copper cable, whomever got them got a bonus. I was running the field on contract.

In the past, I've mowed fawns and a few Grouse but never an electrical cable. Pretty hard to avoid animals bedding in the hay. You cannot see them until you are on top of them and it's almost impossible to stop in time.

SidecarFlip

Threads
NOPE ......... A Colt Model 1911, 45 Cal. .. ULTRA FAST !!!! .. :thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Why would you shoot a spindle anyway? Don't get that. 1911's don't have that much kinetic energy anyway in the 45ACP flavor.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glock 19

Pumper54

Threads

Actually my friend the .45 APC is a rather slow round averaging about 950 fps, now the 7.5 FK Brnois considered the fastest at 2000 fps with a 103-gr., .30-cal. bullet.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You guys better vote the "RIGHT" way in Nov. to make sure we don't lose our 2nd Amendment rights !! .. :thumbsup:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your comment reminded me of an incident I had when mowing but not with the lawnmower.

I was mowing a hayfield with my JD MoCo (that I use on fields I'm not familiar with because a disc machine can suffer severe driveline damage if it hits hidden objects) where as a sickle bar mower is immune to most all objects, anyway, I was mowing the headlands and this field was next to a sub division and hidden in the hay-grass was a live electrical hookup and I mowed it. I had the 'blue Flame' under the mower as I severed the service cables. Probably 200 amp 220-1 service. Kept on mowing but when I got back to the farm and lifted the machine up and looked underneath, there was a foot long blue black trail on the skid shoe where the live cable grounded to the mower. Needless to say I carefully avoided that part of the headlands from then on out.

In one of those round bales was a length of burned copper cable, whomever got them got a bonus. I was running the field on contract.

In the past, I've mowed fawns and a few Grouse but never an electrical cable. Pretty hard to avoid animals bedding in the hay. You cannot see them until you are on top of them and it's almost impossible to stop in time.
Jav

Never know what you may find laying in a field or other places. Had a neighbor wind 1/2 mile of the new neighbors temporary phone in the rotary cutter. Have cut bailing twine, bailing wire, pantyhose, underwear and dog chains and cables out from under customers mower lawn mower decks. I have a customer I think she would try to mow an anvil if it grew on her property.