Zero turn John Deer

Goober11

Threads
Found a JD 510A mower for sale. Seller listed it for $600 has bent push rod. Koehler 22 hp. Would like some input on this mower. Not sure how many hours on it. I can fix the engine. Just would like everybody’s thoughts on it.

Goober11

Threads
Well I thought maybe some one would help me out with this. No need now the mower has been sold. Maybe I just posted it in the wrong place.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Goober,
Forums are not compulsory and all 300,000,000 US citizens are not obliged to come here daily.
The bulk of the people here come with a problem that gets resolved.
For product reviews it can be a bit patchy because you are relying on some one having first hand experience with the tool you are looking at.
If you need to know if there is a major flaw in anything the best place to look is a product review forum.
Unfortunately nearly all of the reviews will be negative because it is human nature to whinge about what is wrong rather than praise what is good.
So you use the reviews to lean what you should check before you buy a used one.
Good luck with your search for a mower.

Goober11

Threads
Thanks, bretsmobile for the reply. I thought I might have put this in the wrong form but I am new to this. I got some very good help with a briggs eng problem in the Briggs form so I know there are a lot of people with some good info.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Depending on the hours I would say buy it. The value I say was from $2500 to $3500. It is a John Deere. I personally think they are overpriced mediocre machines but that is just me. I like the top of the line John Deere just fine. That model uses the 7 iron deck so it has to be halfway decent.

Goober11

Threads
Thanks, BlazNT an Johnbt for the reply. I am not parcel to any one brand. I do think the JD's are over priced. I have 3 mowers now. Sears (no deck 15 gal sprayer on it) Troy and a JD that I got with eng. problems. 21 dollar head gasket fixed that also a 8N Ford with finishing mower on it. I have 3 acres to cut so think I will need a well built mower to last me. I have just started looking an I need to educate my self on the types of drives and engines out there.