Lawn-boy model 10734, will not start with the key

drummond52

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lawn-boy model 10734, will not start with the key
I can start with the pull cord no problem but will not start with the key anymore, had the battery checked and is good, changed the 40 amp fuse but still no go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you....John

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today's electronic ignitions are weakest at low rpms. Might try a new spark plug. That mower doesn't need oil changes (?), but if you have a lot of hours on it an oil change might get the starting rpm up a bit. Or try a jumper battery and see if that does the trick.

nitehawk55

Threads
Just to be clear , it will start with the pull but the electric start is not working ?

drummond52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your replies tom3 and nitehawk55 , I can Sure try a new spark plug tom3, nitehawk55 Yes it will start no problem with the pull cord.

Thanks again........John

nitehawk55

Threads
OK , well the problem is nothing to do with the engine or spark plug if it starts OK , there has to be an issue somewhere in the electric start system and I know nothing about those . All I can suggest is find some diagnostics on the internet as a guide to check and find what is wrong . If you have a friend that has electrical knowledge and a VOM meter it likely won't be hard to find the problem .

drummond52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you nitehawk55, I will see if I can find anything on the Electrical side of this mower, don't know anyone with a VOM and electrical knowledge.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back to Nitehawk's question, when you turn the key does the starter turn the engine over, does the starter do anything? Or does it work too slow to start the engine?

drummond52

Forum Newbie
Threads
tom3, it does nothing when I turn the key.

Thanks........John