Need help identifying the carburator on a Troybilt Pony w a B&S 500cc 17.5 HP engine

75Gremlin

Threads
  • / Need help identifying the carburator on a Troybilt Pony w a B&S 500cc 17.5 HP engine
Re: Need help identifying the carburator on a Troybilt Pony w a B&S 500cc 17.5 HP eng

Thanks

One question. We live in a remote area.

Is there a carb rebuild kit that contains everything needed (float, o-rings, etc)?

Otherwise I'd have to go back and forth the a shop where I can buy parts.

Where do you guys buy your parts for these? I'm used to going to the auto parts store for my car parts. Never worked on a mower before aside from changing the air filter, spark plug and oil on my own.

If this gets too complicated, I may have to let my neighbor get it fixed at the shop, but I have a feeling they will charge him an arm and two legs :laughing:

thanks

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Need help identifying the carburator on a Troybilt Pony w a B&S 500cc 17.5 HP engine
Re: Need help identifying the carburator on a Troybilt Pony w a B&S 500cc 17.5 HP eng

Thanks

Is there a carb rebuild kit that contains everything needed (float, o-rings, etc)?

Where do you guys buy your parts for these? I'm used to going to the auto parts store for my car parts. Never worked on a mower before aside from changing the air filter, spark plug and oil on my own.

If this gets too complicated, I may have to let my neighbor get it fixed at the shop, but I have a feeling they will charge him an arm and two legs :laughing:

thanks
I can't find your parts manual, are you sure the model number you posted is correct ..?? ( 310777-3346-g2 ) .. see if you can find any numbers on the carb body, ( SEE EXAMPLES ) & the make .. Nikki or Walbro ..... yes kits are available, very few kits come with the float, but USUALLY with everything needed for a standard O/H ....... or you might have a Chinese carb on that engine ..???

DSCN2607.jpg...DSCN2616.jpg

_briggs_walbro_lmt_solenoid.JPG..._lmt_cast.JPG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Under the seat will be a tag with some numbers on it .
There should be a model number that starts with 13 or 14.
We need that number to properly identify the mower.
On the rocker cover of the engine should be a series of numbers labels "model" , "code" & " serial" these identify the engine
Again we need these numbers and so will the parts supplier.

Threads

Thanks

thanks
Gremlin you have a Nikki Carb

I don't know why I didn't see your thread earlier ??? Maybe google ???

You need carb kit 796184 and they are 48 bux plus shipping....... I don't think I have one in stock cause they are a popular item.....

Jacks small engine repair and parts has them though...... I'll check my inventory for you.....I can ship cheaper.....

I think one of those links Boobala sent you is a step by step tutorial on how to properly tear one down and rebuild it.....

He might post it when he sees this.....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

THE carb in your photo is a Nikki and the instructions for cleaning it are in the link Boo sent to you.
They look a little different when on the mower with the air filter housing still in place.

The tube you point to is the breather tube.
What is happening is the float needle is not shutting off the fuel.
The float bowl has an air vent ( or the fuel can not come out ) so the fuel level gets higher till it pours out of this vent .
The fuel then runs down whatever tube is lowest , in your case the breather tube.

There is a big chance the fuel has also gone in to the engine and sump.
Do not try and crank the engine with the plug in because the cylinder might be full of fuel and this can cause damage.