Exmark Radius X Caster Wheels

rwsinky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a question about the service on the front caster wheels on this mower. It's a unit I got with 25 hours on it and I love it. It is approaching 50 hours and the manual says the caster wheels need lubrication. My old Zero turn had grease fittings and it was a snap to do. This one is a bit more complex. My question is do I really need to do all that this soon? This is a personal mower I am using at home and is pretty pampered. No sign of any grease loss. I noticed that on the wheel there is a dimple where it looks like a zerk fitting may go but I did not do any real digging at it. Is this wheel prepped for a grease fitting?
Thanks, any info appreciated.
Russ

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I personally would drill tap and install zerks.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
1900 hours on my Exmark Lazer Z HP and I've never greased the wheel bearings. They're sealed bearings on mine I believe. Are you sure you're not confusing the wheel bearings with castwr the swivel bearings? Even those don't need grease that often though.

rwsinky

Forum Newbie
Threads
No confusion - I stated that these are the Caster Wheel bearings. I called Exmark and was pleasantly surprised to get to a service guy almost immediately. He told me to leave those bearings alone unless there are signs of leakage. He said that contrary to what the Owner's Manual says there is no need to do this especially since I am not using it commercially. Great news for me.
Thanks for the replies.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
No confusion - I stated that these are the Caster Wheel bearings. I called Exmark and was pleasantly surprised to get to a service guy almost immediately. He told me to leave those bearings alone unless there are signs of leakage. He said that contrary to what the Owner's Manual says there is no need to do this especially since I am not using it commercially. Great news for me.
Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the info and update.