john deere lt155 not pulling gas from fuel tank new pump, filter, and hoses

hollydolly

Threads
  • / john deere lt155 not pulling gas from fuel tank new pump, filter, and hoses
Trash in the tank blocking outlet.

KCWillie

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / john deere lt155 not pulling gas from fuel tank new pump, filter, and hoses
as from the title i cannot get it to pull fuel from tank i replaced pump, fuel lines, fuel filter and grommet to feed pipe not sure what the problem is

I encountered the same problem on my LT155 (Engine: Kohler CV15-41610). After replacing the fuel line, fuel line bushing and fuel pick-up (all three connected to each other from gas tank), and fuel filter and pump, I could not get fuel to pull through. The solution - I opened my gas cap and I believe it created enough suction to pull the fuel through. At first, it did nothing and fuel would not fill up the fuel filter. As soon as I took off the gas cap, it pulled through, the engine sputtered, but then ran after getting sufficient fuel in the carburetor.

Advice to anyone experiencing the same issues - start at the rear and work from the gas tank forward. Also, you must jack up your mower and take off the left rear wheel to remove the gas tank. See this video for instructions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqYt9QxVCQ.

Good luck!