JD STX38 is not cutting all the grass?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I will admit if I make a mistake. I sure did. I'm actually embarrassed to tell you I had the right side blade installed upside down. How I am not sure. I finally got around to pulling out the deck and cleaning it off. I checked and there it was. DUH!!!!!!!!! First time for everything I guess. It's cutting the grass fine now. I'm confused how it worked this long before it showed up? Who knows. Onto the next project. Which will be replacing the starter and solenoid. Went to start it today and click, click, click. Removed the old starter and solenoid. The solenoid came apart in pieces. It basically froze up. The starter turns and engages easily. Sounds pretty good too. This has a Kohler 12.5 hp engine in it. Time for a little internet searching. If anyone has a favorite online place to get one, please let me know. I'm not giving John Deere $300+ for a new one. Good night folks it's been a long day! Hope you had a good laugh out of this. Thanks as always.

The aftermaket parts suppliers like Stens, Oregon & Prime Line all do a range of starters that actually fit and work.
Down here Prime Line used to be substantially cheaper than the others for electrical stuff.

As for the blades, you can not call yourself a tech till you have done it more than once.
particularly with mulching blades.