Chains & weights 1820 grasshopper from 1982

dswelby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could use some help with my chain problem. Snapped off yesterday...got it back on easy enough when I noticed my new sprockets and chains ( 2017)that we put on were coated in wet dirt. I know dry can cause damage with the chains...so i keep them lubed. Now I have the opposite problem..mole tunneling and raising the dirt and now the wet dirt is being thrown up or I am hitting the raised tunnels with the chains on the sprockets and chains. Have it in the garage now. I am cleaning off the chains with a soft brush and sprockets, then will lube the chains. Any advice??? Moles are a big problem here. Do I just avoid the hills left from the moles or walk over them to knock them down. I typically mow 6 acres every week. Coming up on my busy season with all the mulching of leaves that I don't need chain problems. I am a woman who now is a bit confused. I am hoping after a good brushing I will be good. Love my old Grasshopper as I am lined with trees and the wide front deck can go right under to mow. Any advice would be appreciated.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You need to use a dry lube from a bicycle shop. They make one for chains.