Simplicity Conquest park brake adjustment

jkraiza

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2018 Simplicity Conquest. I ask the dealer to service it so I wouldn't have to do it my self.
#1 adjust the park brake. My wife legs are short and the park brake go's to far to set the brake.
The dealer said there no adjustment just move the seat up.
I told him Sir the mower sold all over the world. Tall and short prople will use it. There must be adjustment. He said no and I said I will find it.
# 2 the air in the tires were set to 38 to 4-psi . they never touch the tire.
#3 The spindle on the deck was grease the two out side not the middle spindle or the front streering spindles.
I went over the mower and grease check all fluids and tires..

The only adjustment left is the park brake predal reach to far for my wife. She 5' 4" short legs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
BEcause the clutch & brake are on the same pedal there is little in the way of overall pedal position adjustment.
So you can put a block on the pedal to move it back or get the Oxy out warm the lever and bend it to a comfortable position for your wife.
There are a lot of widows in the service run and the "little old ladies" have the same problem.
For the ones who do not have a son/grandson that comes over now & then to mow the lever can be bent forward.
However the others need an extension on the pedal because after sonny boy has don the grass I used to get called back to reposition the lever they had bent back.
The bending & rebending had ultimate effect you would expect requiring welding & bracing.

jkraiza

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your help. I already add a 1 1/2" hard rubber block to the brake pedal. Looks Ok.
But today I look at the brake pedal and it attaches to the cross bar with 2 bolts.
I took out the top bolt and loosen the bottom bolt. Then slid the brake pedal back. Put back in the top bolt and tighten both bolts.
It put the pedal about 2" closer to the driver and the problem solved.