Buying Advice help identify

simonc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings,

we recently moved to a new place which a much bigger land (a tad above 6 acres of untamed bush and wannabe forest) . The normal mower / snowblower doesn't quite keep up with the needs (3 hours to mow grass with the walk behind mower excluding any trimming).

I have been shopping around a lot and since budget is pretty tight for this the choices are limited.

I dont mind having to do some mechanic work and get my hands dirty.

I found this tractor that comes with both the snow blower and 3 blade mowing deck. from the picture it looks in pretty decent shape. it has new rear tires which alone are worth a good chunk of change. Other than the exhaust and headlight that seems weird it looks rather good to me.

I'm in Quebec, Canada and the asking price without any attempt to deal is 650$CND

I would like opinions and also help to identify what model of wheel horse this actually is.

59.jpg

thanks

Simon

simonc

Forum Newbie
Threads
some more details to narrow it down

engine model is SBH-225
serial 0257 09222

it has 3 speed high-low

---- edit ----

seems like this engine would be a 10hp tecumseh. getting there...

--- another edit ---

looks like this might be a 1970-1972 wheel horse raider 10 5073 (it came with this engine only during those 2 years)

Last edited:

simonc

Forum Newbie
Threads
now, I know there seems to be some bad blood toward the tec engines in general, is the hh-100 considered a bad apple in general or can it be considered reliable. Are parts still available to fix ? Also wondering if there are any opinions on the wheel horse raider 10 in general.

thanks

Simon