Poulan sm30sb weed eater

Mo_86_05

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. New to the forums. If im in the wrong spot, please move this post. Anyhow, i have a weed eater issue. A friend from work had a weed eater that wasnt working. So I diagnosed it with a bad ignition coil because it had no spark. When i had it apart, the clutch spring was also broken, so i replaced that. Well, after replacing that and getting fire, it wasnt running right. While cranking it, it boggs down the whole time. It never hots the wide open point. If i let off the trigger it dies. Every so often it would fire at wide open, only to die and then when i crank again it was right back to bogged down immediately on startup. So i replaced a fuel line on it as well as the carb because i poked a hole in the diaphragm during cleaning. Got the new carb in, now have the same exact issue. Ive watched videos where peoples weed eaters crank wide open and then bog down, but like i said, mine is bogged from the minute it starts up. I have alao checked the muffler, and it seems to be fine. What am i missing? This carb has only one mixture screw, so when turning it, it doesnt seem to make a big difference. If i need to post a video or something, let me know.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
1. Replace the fuel filter.
2. Get rid of the old gas from the tank and the fuel can and get some new stuff.
3. Verify that the fuel lines are on correct. When you prim the fuel goes to the drain line, not the pickup line. (have done that too many times)
4. Report back with findings.

Mo_86_05

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have not tried to replace the fuel line yet, but i did take it out and blow some carb cleaner through it and replaced. The fuel lines can only go one way. One is slightly bigger than the other. And i used fresh gas when i poured it in. I had bought it about 3 days earlier. The only thing that i done wrong is i mixed a bottle that would make it 50:1 i stead of the weedeater recommended 40:1. But from reading other posts, that wouldnt prevent it from running. I will try the filter. Is there anything else i can try? Is there any chance the ignition coil is too far away from the flywheel? Would that cause it to bogg down any?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I normally only deal with the information at hand. It would not be normal for the gap to change so if you have not touched it let us just work on the part I have listed. Also putting the line on incorrectly can be done even if they are different sizes. This is not hard to verify. Just press the primer bulb and see if fuel got out the drain line. On more thing as you are pressing the primer bulb. Check for cracks or breaks in the bulb.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have not tried to replace the fuel line yet, but i did take it out and blow some carb cleaner through it and replaced. The fuel lines can only go one way. One is slightly bigger than the other. And i used fresh gas when i poured it in. I had bought it about 3 days earlier. The only thing that i done wrong is i mixed a bottle that would make it 50:1 i stead of the weedeater recommended 40:1. But from reading other posts, that wouldnt prevent it from running. I will try the filter. Is there anything else i can try? Is there any chance the ignition coil is too far away from the flywheel? Would that cause it to bogg down any?

The new poulan products use a 50:1 mix, and if you buy canned poulan gas it is labeled for both 40:1 and 50:1.