Toro Zero Turn TimeCutter 42”

Arnie p

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had my new mower about 2 months now. Love it, cuts my lawn beautifully. My previous mower was a Lawn Boy self propelled. Used it for about 15 years, but my knees are starting to hurt so I purchased this rider. I love everything about this mower but I have one problem. When I am turning on flat ground and on a incline it seems to tear grass out. I aired the rear tires to the proper pressure and I still have this problem. I mow slow and turn slow but still am noticing this problem. Is it because of the tread or tire pressure or am I just turning too sharp.
Any suggestion for a zero turn newbie will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks:smile:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Toro Timecutter as well. 12 psi on rear tires. Try turning less sharply, on inclines the machine can slide, so you have that & wanting to turn.

It's just a matter of getting the feel of your area & what your machine can do. I love mine, bought it new back in Aug. 20- 2014.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Avoid having one wheel stationary. Scooting one wheel is the thing that tears the turf. Execute the zero turn by reversing one wheel, while going forward on the other. Or, make a three point turn like you would on a lawn tractor, until you get more used to the controls.

broo

Threads
I have the exact same machine, bought new a year ago.

If you turn sharply, the wheel on the interior side stops so of course it tears the grass.

The dealer warned me that I would do this at first until I master the machine. He was right.