Menards

Jake8131

Threads
Great find at Menards today. Only $10.00.

Attachments

• DSCF2674.jpg
    DSCF2674.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 35

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got a set of these on ebay for about the same money, pretty handy tools to have around. These Chinese carbs always need some tweaking seems like.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Posting once is alerting
Posting in 2 places is advertising.
Two of the tools in that kit are illegal to sell to anyone other than a registered repair workshop so expect that kit to suddenly vanish when the EPA comes across them.
Keeping up with ever changing jet adjusting heads is a never ending game of cat & mouse
EPA demands they are tamper proof so the carb makers change the heads.
Eventually the restricted tool becomes commonly available so the carb makes change the head again.
By pure accident I have found that there is only about a 1/2 dozen different needles ( excluding funny head shapes ) so now when a regular customer brings in one I can swap to a head style that has tools available .
The splined ones seem the easiest to use as the tool does not get vibrated off all the time when you are trying to make adjustments.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
One thing I used to do for these odd ball needle adjustments was to get out the Dremel tool and cut a slot in the housing and across the top of the adj. for a screwdriver slot.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One thing I used to do for these odd ball needle adjustments was to get out the Dremel tool and cut a slot in the housing and across the top of the adj. for a screwdriver slot.

Did that a bit but holding a screwdriver into slots with the engine shaking around is a PIA.
The PO of the business used to buy full rebuild kits for cube carbs so I inherited a big box of 1/2 empty packets.
I was trying to find a needle for a carb that I did not have a full rebuild kit for when I noticed the wrong kit had the right needle just with a different end.
Any of the slide over ends are a whole lot easier to tune than a slotted needle, but if that's all you got then it has to work.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Might happen where you are but not here.

Well John,
You might like to go to your friendly Husqvarna dealer, Stihl dealer or even aftermarket parts dealer and ask for an adjusting tool for the current model carbs.
If you check "carb adjusting tools " on the Prime Line, Rotary , Oregon or Stens web sales site and see what comes up for sale .
Four individual tools or a kit of the same 4 tools together.
The new Ruzing tool ( husqvarna ) or Zama ( stihl) tools are not there
Walbro have gone to putting the screws ( where fitted ) behind potting mix so you have to dig them out.

The next level of 2 stroke cube carbs all have fixed jetting that is cast into the carb so not accessible for either tuning or cleaning and when tier 5 or 6 ( can't keep up) comes in there will be no more new 2 strokes wholesaled in the USA and 2 years after that it will be illegal to sell a new 2 stroke in the USA so all saws will be 4 stroke or electric.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Well John,
You might like to go to your friendly Husqvarna dealer, Stihl dealer or even aftermarket parts dealer and ask for an adjusting tool for the current model carbs.
If you check "carb adjusting tools " on the Prime Line, Rotary , Oregon or Stens web sales site and see what comes up for sale .
Four individual tools or a kit of the same 4 tools together.
The new Ruzing tool ( husqvarna ) or Zama ( stihl) tools are not there
Walbro have gone to putting the screws ( where fitted ) behind potting mix so you have to dig them out.

The next level of 2 stroke cube carbs all have fixed jetting that is cast into the carb so not accessible for either tuning or cleaning and when tier 5 or 6 ( can't keep up) comes in there will be no more new 2 strokes wholesaled in the USA and 2 years after that it will be illegal to sell a new 2 stroke in the USA so all saws will be 4 stroke or electric.

Where there’s a will there’s a way.