Hustler Z Steering problem

kmarkley

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2009 Hustler Z 60" mower with a 25 hp Kawasaki Engine. I began to mow and the right wheel motor was making a lot of noise and it was acting very erratic. I checked fluid, which was OK and moved the steering arm back and forth many times and it began to work. After about 3 hours of mowing I cleaned it up and while putting it away the right steering quit completely. The motor fan is still working. I checked the fluid again and now it has been overflowing. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Hustler section to see if we can find you an answer.

ukrkoz

Threads
I have 60 inch myself, just new.
Start with simple. Did you ever change hydros fluid? It needs to be changed at the first 70 hrs and then every 200 hrs. Manual actually says - MUST be changed at 70 hrs.
How did you check fluid level? In expansion canister? Hydros fluid is regular oil, 20W50, it does not really expand, so it sounds like you have backflow from a hydro into canister.
I'd start with fluid/filters drain and fill. Also, look at their manual online, it will give you full walk through on process and show, how to adjust steering rods on hydros.