smoke

451johnny

Threads
I just got my first Kubota ( used ) I think its an 82 and the model# is B7001 I notice that every time I start it white smoke come out the muffler and also when I shift gears what would that mean..?? would a maintenance check and tune up help..?? thanks in advance johnny

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Diesel? White smoke is unburned fuel. Probably a bad injector but it could be poor compression.

451johnny

Threads
Do you know how I can check the compression is it checked like a regular gas engine which I know how to do but I know nothing about disel engines ?? Thanks in advance Johnny

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not that easy on a diesel. They have extremely high compression and I don't think a typical compression test gauge goes high enough. It's possible to find a dead cylinder by using an infrared thermometer on the exhaust manifold when you first start the engine. Live cylinders will heat up very quickly.

451johnny

Threads
Not that easy on a diesel. They have extremely high compression and I don't think a typical compression test gauge goes high enough. It's possible to find a dead cylinder by using an infrared thermometer on the exhaust manifold when you first start the engine. Live cylinders will heat up very quickly.

not sure what an infrared thermometer is but definitely going to look into that...thank you...johnny