Bronco Accelerator Pedal & Linkage

txmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,
The spring for the accelerator pedal (on right side) on my Dads Bronco broke and I'm unsure where it attaches or if there may be some other parts missing. I looked at the schematic, but still unsure where everything goes back together. If someone owns a Bronco could you please post or send a few pictures of the accelerator linkage, spring and where it attaches to the body.
Thank you very much

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello Everyone,
The spring for the accelerator pedal (on right side) on my Dads Bronco broke and I'm unsure where it attaches or if there may be some other parts missing. I looked at the schematic, but still unsure where everything goes back together. If someone owns a Bronco could you please post or send a few pictures of the accelerator linkage, spring and where it attaches to the body.
Thank you very much

More info on what your dad has for techs to find make/model in their little service books and see what is needed.

txmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Troy Bilt Bronco 2012 Model 13WX78KS011
Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a small light spring to return the pedal
Part # 38 in this diagram https://www.partstree.com/parts/troy-bilt/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/13wx78ks011-troy-bilt-bronco-lawn-tractor-2012/drive-rear-wheels/
It connects to the pedal on the left side.
The spring that does all the work and regularly breaks, that is part # 39
It goes from the bracket # 72 which has the front idler pulley of the rear belt mounted to it and is anchored into a hole in the frame also on the left side.
The spring cuts a groove in the hole ( well out of the hole in reality ) so a strong light will reveal the actual anchoring point.

As shown in the diagram the 2 spring are totally different shapes so which one is giving you ulcers ?

txmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! It looks like the #39 spring. I found it a couple of days later in his driveway. One end was broken. If spring #39 breaks will it cause the pedal to go slack? (no tension at all right now) Thanks
again for your help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes what happens is that spring pulls the rear belt tight which causes the front belt to go slack.
Your foot is pressing against that spring and it is vital.
You need to pull the battery out ( seat off will prevent it smacking you in the head 50 times ) and the battery box.
on the left side of the tension arm will be a hole which can end up with a slot getting cut right through it so the spring rips out.
If you replace or repair the arm weld a washer each side of the hole to give it some more meat.
Thus the spring wire wear through, a much easier fix.
Same story with the frame mount.
If the customer can no afford a weld & reinforcement I pop a welded eye bolt in there but you need to be careful it does not foul on the front belt both tight & slack.

Get the mower up as high as you can safely because you will need to be above then below it a dozen times.
Pulling the rear wheels off is a bit help as well.
While you are in there replace both belts and any bad pulleys cause it is a PIA job access wise.