Quadrivator hypercut

ukrkoz

Threads
Hi all

Does anyone use this:

https://offroadbodyarmor.com/product/62-quadhyper-cut-mower-universal/

I am very much so interested in it for reason simple. I have over 5 acre to mow of VERY uneven property. Nothing but bumps and valleys and mole mounds. Terrible. Very slow, very painful even with my 60 inch ZTR.
Problem is aggravated by quarter of it being wetland. So it gets quite muddy and puddley spring time. I have ATV tires on my mowers but even with that, I have to avoid certain areas, while it dries out, what results in grass overgrowth and then struggle with those patches left.
I originally thought of ATV and tow behind mower, as ATV does not really care about wet patches, just pulls right through. Have ATV now, 4x4. Also, ATV is quite more comfortable riding over uneven terrain, having independent suspension. ZTR is killing me on bumps, even with torsion front forks upgrade.
Then I saw this Quadrivator. On the surface, it looks like a grand idea. I could sell my ZTR for more than to buy it new.
I am seeking first hand experiences about it. There is very few reviews. Some guy said that it's hard to turn due to front wheels being rollers, not caster wheels.
That said, first hand experience shared will be greatly appreciated.
NO, I AM NOT BUYING TRACTOR with PTO mower. Too expensive to just mow and I do not need tractor otherwise. And no, I am not buying $16K ZTR with independent suspension. I need to mow the property comfortably, not to dump money into it.
Thank you

Pumper54

Threads
I tow a used Swisher tow behind mower with my mower. I think you can get a new one for under $2000.00 thus saving you some money. I don't know anything about the one you are asking about.
Tom

ukrkoz

Threads
Thank you.
I have particular interest in Quadrivator because of the wetland and necessity to go through mud filled patches. 4x4.

Selluwud

Threads
Thank you.
I have particular interest in Quadrivator because of the wetland and necessity to go through mud filled patches. 4x4.

Somewhat off subject of your post, but I noticed your mower ID was a Hustler Raptor SD. I'm entertaining the idea of buying a 60" version of that model. Can you give me any pros and cons you'd like to share? Quoted 4400. recently, but I haven't shopped.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
An interesting idea, perhaps a touch on the expensive side but looks like it will do the job.
The rear discharge is likely to be really messy so expect to do a lot of cleaning.
but it should do the job.
I always preffer flail mowers for rough work on really rough terrain.

ukrkoz

Threads
Yeah, but the only flail mowers you can buy in the US are PTO ones. Or, you have to pay grossly for shipping from England. For the money, I could buy tractor with PTO and mower and I am not interested in tractors.

Selluwud, after two Hustlers, don't buy them. Just don't. Go to Hustler subforum, there's good posts on the topic.

Back to Quadrivator.

Selluwud

Threads
Yeah, but the only flail mowers you can buy in the US are PTO ones. Or, you have to pay grossly for shipping from England. For the money, I could buy tractor with PTO and mower and I am not interested in tractors.

Selluwud, after two Hustlers, don't buy them. Just don't. Go to Hustler subforum, there's good posts on the topic.

Back to Quadrivator.

thanks for the feed back

SidecarFlip

Threads
Thank you.

I poull a Swisher behind my quad for pasture fence management and I ford streams with it on the back. Pretty much indestructable.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Why don't you hire someone with a small dozer to smooth out the land? It's a one time thing. Then you could reseed it and mow with a ZTR at full speed.

ukrkoz

Threads
Why don't you hire someone with a small dozer to smooth out the land? It's a one time thing. Then you could reseed it and mow with a ZTR at full speed.

That is under consideration, actually. There is 3 obstacles to this:
1. wetland. You are legally bound not to disturb it. So dozing it is sort of getting on county wrong side.
2. moles. About half of property bumpiness is coming from mole mounds that I have a plenty and coming. If anyone will tell me - just rid of moles - I'd call that person and ask to come over and actually PROVE it can be done.
3. Back I can, it's a two tiered property but front is, actually, lawn in front of the house. Its face, so to speak. If I nuke it, it will look like crap for over a year AND moles will have its fun with it. Oh do they love fresh moved dirt.
So it's not that easy. Besides, I have to go against DW, who takes two years to precipitate any idea and does not mow. I offered to do so few times, so she "gets it", giggle back is logical response.