simplicity 4212 idler pulley

joe1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
i replaced belt and now idler pulley on the deck tightens with it running a few minutes,and burns belts up. I must have omitted something or put it on wrong when I had it off. Does anyone have any photos of how it should be? thanks in advance. My yard is a mess!!

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
i replaced belt and now idler pulley on the deck tightens with it running a few minutes,and burns belts up. I must have omitted something or put it on wrong when I had it off. Does anyone have any photos of how it should be? thanks in advance. My yard is a mess!!

There was probably a washer left off.
The pulley is probably not resting on the bearing but on the idler body on the deck.
Does that make sense?
Theory...normally the idler pulley's bearing sits on the washer(the same size as bearing) and spins away.

joe1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
There was probably a washer left off.
The pulley is probably not resting on the bearing but on the idler body on the deck.
Does that make sense?
Theory...normally the idler pulley's bearing sits on the washer(the same size as bearing) and spins away.
Thanks for the reply....got it.....nope but the washer was on wrong place.. isee the washer is also a bearing spacer.