LawnMowerForum.com Rules

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
In order to ensure that LawnMowerForum.com's content is of the highest quality and appeals to the broad lawn mowing population that visits this site, we have some simple forum rules. We ask that all members, regardless of whether they are brand new or have been here since day one, abide by these rules and encourage other members to abide by the forum rules as well.

If you feel that a post or thread on LMF doesn't adhere to these standards, please click the "notify moderator" link at the bottom left corner of any post. The icon looks like this: report-40b.png

LawnMowerForum.com Rules

1. Be Polite
No need to insult other members, even when you disagree. This includes name calling, words like moron, idiot, stupid, etc. Think before you type!

2. No Profanity or Indecent Content
LMF is a Family Friendly Website. We hold ourselves to higher standards than other forums. A forum can be fun and informative without four-letter words. (Please don't use profane acronyms either.)

3. No Commercial Advertising or PMing in the Forums
Please don't advertise your commercial products or services without paying to advertise! Please contact us if you'd like to advertise.

4. Don't Discuss Moderation In the Forums
If you have an issue with the way the forum is moderated or with a specific action taken on a specific thread or user, please send me a private message rather than discussing it in the forums.

Violation of these rules will result in:

- Content being removed (bad words, inappropriate pictures, insults, etc)
- Entire threads or posts being removed or closed
- Signature files being edited or removed for content
- User pictures being removed for content

Repeat violations or blatant disregard and/or disrespect for these rules can result in your user account being banned or removed.

Please don't "test the limits" of our rules or our moderation practices. We would rather never have to remove any posts at all, and when members challenge the forum rules, it's a waste of everybody's time and energy.

It is our goal to enforce the rules consistently and without bias. Of course, it's not possible for us to read every single post on the site and as such sometimes posts that maybe should be removed aren't removed. That doesn't mean we're ignoring it or endorse it. A simple click on the notify moderator icon (report-40b.png) will alert us to the post and it will be dealt with shortly.

Thank you for your continued participation at LawnMoweForum.com!

Muhammad Chishti
Administrator

noma

Threads
Hi Mahammad

I'm glad to see the rules have been posted again and think it was a very good idea.And hoping all members old and new will follow the rules because posts where getting pretty bad at times. So children and grand children can enjoy this site to, as i do. Thank-you:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Mahammad

I'm glad to see the rules have been posted again and think it was a very good idea.And hoping all members old and new will follow the rules because posts where getting pretty bad at times. So children and grand children can enjoy this site to, as i do. Thank-you:smile:

It was really getting interesting here for a time and I sure emjoyed the controversy....oh well, was fun while it lasted. JMHO

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd personally like to see "no trolling" as well. Some of us who have salty language in the Front porch are usually antagoinized into doing so.

I have no problem with calming down, but those who agitate should be warned to calm down and knock it off, too. No one in particular - just seems like a good rule. Since common sense no longer applies here.

If we are going to be fair and balanced, then let's be fair and balanced. Those who stir up the bees nest should not be allowed to do so, as much as we are not allowed ot react to it anymore. :frown:

If I am just supposed to 'get over it and be civil', then those who are pushing my buttons should also 'just get over it and be civil', as well.

Shoot, we could just implement a rule that we are not allowed to voice any disagreements at all anymore with anything or anyone, and solve the whole problem. we should just sit down, and be quiet unless asked a question. That should liven the forum up, too. :rolleyes:

I am not a preschool teacher, and I will not act like one. This is a mower forum, not "Elmo's time". Those under 16 years of age have no business using any kind of lawn equipment. Says so in the owner's manual, and just let your 8 year old be driving the ol' mower around the yard when a cop drives by. Therefore, there isn't anything a young child really needs from a site like this.

You can feel free to ban me if you so like - I know I dared disagree, but I'm not sorry. :wink: This is your house - so I'll post once in awhile in the Snapper forum. Otherwise, I'll do most of my participating at another forum. One where I can say anything I like, without censorship. You know what? Even then, the group is still remarkably civil.

For what it's worth - my honest opinion.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd personally like to see "no trolling" as well. Some of us who have salty language in the Front porch are usually antagoinized into doing so.

I have no problem with calming down, but those who agitate should be warned to calm down and knock it off, too. No one in particular - just seems like a good rule. Since common sense no longer applies here.

If we are going to be fair and balanced, then let's be fair and balanced. Those who stir up the bees nest should not be allowed to do so, as much as we are not allowed ot react to it anymore. :frown:

If I am just supposed to 'get over it and be civil', then those who are pushing my buttons should also 'just get over it and be civil', as well.

Shoot, we could just implement a rule that we are not allowed to voice any disagreements at all anymore with anything or anyone, and solve the whole problem. we should just sit down, and be quiet unless asked a question. That should liven the forum up, too. :rolleyes:

I am not a preschool teacher, and I will not act like one. This is a mower forum, not "Elmo's time". Those under 16 years of age have no business using any kind of lawn equipment. Says so in the owner's manual, and just let your 8 year old be driving the ol' mower around the yard when a cop drives by. Therefore, there isn't anything a young child really needs from a site like this.

You can feel free to ban me if you so like - I know I dared disagree, but I'm not sorry. :wink: This is your house - so I'll post once in awhile in the Snapper forum. Otherwise, I'll do most of my participating at another forum. One where I can say anything I like, without censorship. You know what? Even then, the group is still remarkably civil.

For what it's worth - my honest opinion.

Very well stated....I have to wonder just how many of the members and lurkers here actually PREFER disagreements and controversy because they make the site more interesting. But I guess we have to live with plain old boring vanilla instead. So words like "moron, stupid, etc" as applied to other members is out of place? SIGH, too bad the truth hurts some people. Apparently it is okay for some members here to troll, and try to goad other members into confrontation....oh well. Nobody MAKES me visit this site.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
If someone is trolling, click the notify moderator link. Let us handle weeding out the trolls... if you guys respond and call them idiots, that just antagonizes them and if they are truly tolls, that's exactly the kind of reaction they want.

Please keep in mind that these rules are extremely lenient compared to most other forums. We've been very casual about moderation up to this point, but as the forum grows it's important to have some consistently enforced standards, otherwise the quality of the posts will go down and new members will feel unwelcome or like they aren't getting friendly advice.

As I mentioned, please come to me directly with any issues you have with other members.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
If someone is trolling, click the notify moderator link. Let us handle weeding out the trolls... if you guys respond and call them idiots, that just antagonizes them and if they are truly tolls, that's exactly the kind of reaction they want.

Please keep in mind that these rules are extremely lenient compared to most other forums. We've been very casual about moderation up to this point, but as the forum grows it's important to have some consistently enforced standards, otherwise the quality of the posts will go down and new members will feel unwelcome or like they aren't getting friendly advice.

As I mentioned, please come to me directly with any issues you have with other members.

I have participated in many forums and my attitude is that disagreements and controversial subjects/opinions are inevitable. But that's not to say, as pointed out in the original rules posted, that these can not be handled in a maner that simply avoids blatant insults, name calling or vulgar language. Anytime some folks are saying something using a computer keyboard instead of a face-to-face or phone conevesation it becomes very easy to lash out agressively towards the person on the other end. Again, the concept of the American culture is based upon mutual respect and keeping arguments or disagreements civil. I, for one, will do my best to practice what I preach:0)

P.S.
Muhammad,
I had never noticed the "Report Post" icon before...thanks for pointing that out. Does clicking that allow some type of "entry" describing what/why a user is reporting that thread????

Threads
Does clicking that allow some type of "entry" describing what/why a user is reporting that thread????

Yes, you can say your reason for reporting that post and then it is sent to all Admin./Moderators so they can handle it. :thumbsup: