2011 Lazer Z E-serieexMARK LH-Hydro Asembly 116-3287 Advice on installing a seal kit.

Leaky8

Threads
  • / 2011 Lazer Z E-serieexMARK LH-Hydro Asembly 116-3287 Advice on installing a seal kit.
Hi,

Parker S/N 12CLLD111240029 P/N 116-193712CLLD LH pump developed profuse leak around pulley. Mower pulls well, as long as you can keep oil in it.
I suspect shaft seal has reached end of service life. I poured all the oil out and found no shavings, and filter did not have any foreign debris.
My plan is to install a new seal kit BEFORE pursing a $1700 dollar replacement. Done a lot of automotive brakes and other hydraulic system repairs and know importance of cleanliness, but this will be my FIRST on a Lawnmower.
Looking for any advice and guidance please.

Q1. Is it common for seals to fail in these units:
Q2. How much play should be at pulley?
Q3. I got ahead of myself and loosened the top 2 allen bolts between motor wheel drive and pump. So I follows I will have to finish separation of the 2 and install new gaskets on matting surfaces. Correct?
Q4. Is there a guide online showing what steps need to be done, and torque values?

Q5. As far as I read, installing the kit is not difficult, it's being able to assess any internal damage.

Again, I welcome any/all advice.

Thanks.

Leaky

Attachments

• IMG_4583.jpg
    IMG_4583.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4582.jpg
    IMG_4582.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4581.jpg
    IMG_4581.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 16

geelee

Threads
  • / 2011 Lazer Z E-serieexMARK LH-Hydro Asembly 116-3287 Advice on installing a seal kit.
hi leaky, let go. punch in exmark parker ross service manual. go to pdf uht product series service procedure-exmark. its the complete service manual, its what I use at work. now I see the hydro is out. can you tell its only leaking at bottom seal? should be no play at bottom shaft. seal kit is about 80 bucks, if it has play bottom assembly about 400 bucks. you said its a 2011 model but your pick shows the original oil filter in hydro, it should have been changed at 250 hrs and every 500 hrs after that! no seal at the 2 allen bolts, just the O-rings in the 2 tubes so your ok there. good luck

Leaky8

Threads
hi leaky, let go. punch in exmark parker ross service manual. go to pdf uht product series service procedure-exmark. its the complete service manual, its what I use at work. now I see the hydro is out. can you tell its only leaking at bottom seal? should be no play at bottom shaft. seal kit is about 80 bucks, if it has play bottom assembly about 400 bucks. you said its a 2011 model but your pick shows the original oil filter in hydro, it should have been changed at 250 hrs and every 500 hrs after that! no seal at the 2 allen bolts, just the O-rings in the 2 tubes so your ok there. good luck

MANY thanks for the manual reference.
Really glad to hear I don't have to worry about the 2 allen bolts.
Mower belongs to daughter. It came with the house they purchased and previous owner were not kind to it. (Changed the blades for first time last year. Lots of PB blaster/sweat and there was no sign of anti-seize being used on splined washers. )
For the last year I've been catching up on the maintenance. She lives 250 away, so I get there as often as I can. This weekend the new problem was the Hydro leaking.
New filters and a pump seal kit has been ordered, but there is PLAY at the pulley end. I would assume it is a bearing or something or it will require a Swash Kit? As soon as I get exterior good and clean I will crack open the pump.
Again, I really appreciate your reply and advice.

Thanks.

Leaky

geelee

Threads
hi joe. as per e-mail the play in shaft is fine. you need to get bottom pulley off. 4 bolt puller, its a taper lock shaft. check seal, have seen plastic bag get wrapped up into seal, on side of hydro are directional control valves and other ports sealed by O-rings, have seen leaks there. where the case cover bolts on is a gasket. seen leaks there. all of these leaks will tend to flow down to the bottom pulley area and look like bottom seal leak. bottom seal and O-rings can be replaced without teardown. gasket needs teardown. only sure way to find leak is to refill hydro, pressurize case where fill cap screws in to 10 psi leak will show good luck joe. also ps please change fluid and filter on other hydro, these changes are very important to the longevity of the hydros

Leaky8

Threads
geelee,
Thanks so much. I really appreciate the help.

Leaky

geelee

Threads
not sure I sent it right on private e-mail, brake clean will do, use exmark oil, mobil 1 was for older units