Has anyone used a portable motor hoist ?

gladiator801

Threads
Has anyone used a motor hydraulic lift

2.5 ton to raise their ztr up to pressure wash under it. I have seen some for as low as $75.00 used and think they would work better than the cheap store type mower lifts. Thanks Jim I have an overhead electric hoist in my barn to change blades but do not want to try pressure washing inside due to the mess. I have toro z master g3 weighs over 1200 lbs

BWH

Threads
I like your hoist in the barn, I just scrape the deck off with a home made long handle two hand scraper (keeps the knuckles out of trouble). Takes just a couple of minutes plus no mess just sweep up the scrapings and your done. I have never been a fan of introducing water to the bearings, I know bearings have seals but seals were designed for low to no pressure water. To my thinking I really don't need to have it clean enough to eat off just get the worst of it off.

gladiator801

Threads
I have a 30 year old toro with over 3000hrs on it that I wash the deck off a couple of times a year and it has the original spindles and bearings but they are greaseable and I always pump in new grease after washing.

Last edited:

BWH

Threads
I have a 30 year old toro that I wash the deck off a couple of times a year and it has the original spindles and bearings but they are greaseable and I always pump in new grease after washing.

Wow, I can't argue with results. Wash Away.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW I use a yard crane to stand tractor type mowers on their ends when working underneath.
Use the same for ZTR's although the limit of lift on a ZTR is the height of the rear body off the ground.
With th front wheels 3' off the ground most are just about to lift the rear wheels off the ground as well.
What you have to be careful of it tipping the front of the engine so high that the oil runs down the bore past the rings and creates a hydro lock when you try to start it
ZTR's always go up with the plugs out so I remember to spin the engine to expel any oil in the bore.

For pressure washing the undersides I just use truck ramps and axel stands.
Reverse the mower onto the truck stands ~ 18" then lift the front and put some stands made from old accrow props under the front.