6.75 briggs trys to start dies

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes if you have fire some of the time then it will be 3 things.......

1 a bad ground or bad contact to the coil mounting posts..... Just put a flat bastard file across both at the same time and rub gently... Not a lot just to make shiny......

2 a kill wire with bad insulation going to ground....... UNPLUG and leave unplugged..... for the meantime...

3 Yes a flywheel magnet can go bad........ Check with a 1/2 inch combo wrench about 2 inches away to see if it draws it in ETC ETC.........

And don't forget an internal short in the coil, or a dry joint in the coil or a faulty trigger module.
Have seen all 3 on cheap ebay coils customers had fitted to their mowers before they gave up & brought them to me.

billbill1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have put 3 different coils on this thing and all 3 do the exact same thing. I cleaned up the coil mounting posts and still the same. I've come up with several new names for this mower but don't think I can post them on a public forum. I have left the kill wire unplugged so that isn't the problem. I could have bought a new engine and installed it for what I have invested in this one. Now I am determined to figure this out (I'm in no rush at this point) it can take all winter. The flywheel will pull a 1/2 wrench to it from 2" away but this is about the only part I haven't tried at this point. This is an electric start engine but the electric start hasn't been used since new. The battery would need replaced to used it but it will spin the engine, I charged it enough to make sure it will work. Are these flywheels different? I have an old flywheel from an older briggs without electric start. Please let me know if you can think of anything.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
some of the larger models have a small on off valve under the tank. Be sure it is in the on position. First device I bought used had one and took me awhile to figure it was there because it was hidden up under the tank. Also the fuel pumps on many engines just go bad. They use a small flap as the valve and when the gasket ages and warps the fuel pump no longer pumps. Although really good with larger engines, I am just a layman with these small engines but I have seen things like this. A dirty or wet air cleaner can cause all sorts of problems too.