Oh, what a feeling!

Mafioso812

Threads
After a couple of months of trial, and error, I have finished rebuilding my dads 1970 model 7260! It took severe priming, and about 15 pulls, and the sound I haven't heard, or the odor of 2 cycle oil I haven't smelled in 25 years, was back! Veroom, she wailed! I feel really good about accomplishing this, as I am not a mechanic. I owe a lot of thanks to the subscribers who responded to my posts. This is such a great site! Rebuilt carb, new coil, points and condenser, plug, needle bearings, gaskets, piston rings, honed cylinder...etc. Now, onto the yard for the big test.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2smoked

Threads
I know exactly what you mean by that feeling. Just by the touch of your wrenches and a little skill and patience, you have an engine running good again. I think it’s a guy thing.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Great job! It's an awesome feeling to get something back up and running. Especially if it has a history with you. May you several primes and 15 pulls turn into three or four primes and single pull. Mow on, my man!

L8R,
Matt

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
YEP !! there's nothing like the smells, sound, vibrations and feelings ya get when an internal combustion engine comes to life, be it a 3 HP mower engine or a 1500 HP Fuelie engine IT IS....... a Guy thing !!! .. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clGU7V44QRI

Teds

Threads
Outstanding! They are good mowers. Nobody would bother using them 50 years later if they weren't.

The important thing to remember with an overhaul i.e. new piston rings and honed cylinder is get the engine under load right away. A lot of times, see this esp. in the automotive world, after cam break-in people will dink around with the carburetor settings or ignition timing for an hour or more, in a no-load condition, while the cylinder glazes over. The rings will never seat properly to the cylinder walls until they are put under load, and if the cylinder glazes over first it's a problem.

nitehawk55

Threads
Nothing like bringing an old machine back to life !!

What's your next project ? , they do multiply you know :laughing: