Under power problem

Mowpar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old old Troy built horse with 5 hp tecumseh. I can start it up and it will run forever, but when I start to engage it and start tilling it shuts off. I can't understand why this happens, my understanding of a small engine is was either it runs or it doesn't. It has to be the carb, I guess. I tried all the adjustment screws whether they were adjustment screws or not. No adjusting kept the problem from continuing. I did remove the bowl screw and found the rubber gasket was flakey and part of it would come off in my hand but was still intact. Could this be the problem? Why would it not run when engine was engaged to work mode is beyond me. Thanks for any help

Mowpar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old old Troy built horse with 5 hp tecumseh. I can start it up and it will run forever, but when I start to engage it and start tilling it shuts off. I can't understand why this happens, my understanding of a small engine is was either it runs or it doesn't. It has to be the carb, I guess. I tried all the adjustment screws whether they were adjustment screws or not. No adjusting kept the problem from continuing. I did remove the bowl screw and found the rubber gasket was flakey and part of it would come off in my hand but was still intact. Could this be the problem? Why would it not run when engine was engaged to work mode is beyond me. Thanks for any help

This must be a real piece of **** forum

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Comon you can throw a better tantrum than calling the very people who might be inclined to help you poo.
Pop your camera on the empty case of Bud and turn the video recorder on then stamp your feet up & down while holding your breath till you go purple.

Now the moderators put a nice little emojie :anyone: on the site so impatient people could politely remind all & sundry that no one had responded to their request for assistance.
However there is a small fraction of the population who seem to think they are so important that not only do they have a God given right to be given assistance but others are duty bound to jump to attention and prioritize the demmand.

Generally when a post appears that I probably know how to fix in some equipment that I have little experience with, I let it sit for a day or two just in case some one more familiar with the equipment feels inclined to jump in.

One of the nice things about working for oneself is you don't have to take on jobs for agressive nasty people.
And in your case I will exercise that right.

Luffydog

Threads
Maybe the pto is locked up. The tines