Opinions And Help Deciding On New Machine??

kblackmer100

Threads
If you can move up to a FERRIS you wont be dispointed

Selluwud

Threads
If you can move up to a FERRIS you wont be dispointed

Yep, that’s what I’m finding out. I got spoiled getting 15 years of life out of a 1800 investment and it seems the Ferris is out of my budget. I’m going to wait until the mowing season is over and try to find something with these three criteria: Kawa power, 2800 hydros or better, and a 54” deck all for the most reasonable price. I’ve learned a great deal reading this forum, for which I appreciate.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you sure you MIGHT want a Zero-Turn ..?? Do you use any attachments with your GARDEN tractor.. ( plow, cultivator, heavy trailer loads etc. ) be sure you DON'T limit he capabilities of you new machine, you've been comfortable with a Husqvarna and the Kawi eng. .... perhaps an upgrade into a new Garden Tractor will better suit your NEEDS ! ......

https://sleequipment.com/husqvarna-...MIivyz0Oi83QIVDYvICh1oiQEfEAkYDyABEgIjovD_BwE

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/riding-lawn-mowers/ts354x/960430243/#specifications

Selluwud

Threads
Are you sure you MIGHT want a Zero-Turn ..?? Do you use any attachments with your GARDEN tractor.. ( plow, cultivator, heavy trailer loads etc. ) be sure you DON'T limit he capabilities of you new machine, you've been comfortable with a Husqvarna and the Kawi eng. .... perhaps an upgrade into a new Garden Tractor will better suit your NEEDS ! ......

https://sleequipment.com/husqvarna-...MIivyz0Oi83QIVDYvICh1oiQEfEAkYDyABEgIjovD_BwE

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/riding-lawn-mowers/ts354x/960430243/#specifications

Thanks for the links. No, I haven’t ruled out a LT, and the one you’ve mentioned is on my short list, meets most of my needs, I only pull a garden cart around occasionally. I suppose I should make a few rounds on a ZT to compare comfort levels for riding over an hour or two. I tried my brother’s/neighbor ZT once when mine was down and had issues with arm fatigue/numbness using that kind of control, but it maybe something you have to get used to?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you want a long lasting machine you will need to move up a little in your price This is the lowest I would go.

I'll check the link when I'm at home on an unfiltered network. What do you know about the Hustler brand, specifically a Raptor SD?? I'm looking at a 60" model.

Unlike most of the others on here I would not purchase a Raptor SD. I would not even take one if given to me. Lots of reasons you can read about them in the Hustler section.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Up your budget and get a Tiger Cat Scag. It will be the last mower you need to buy. it will last 40 years or longer. Problem solved.

Selluwud

Threads
Up your budget and get a Tiger Cat Scag. It will be the last mower you need to buy. it will last 40 years or longer. Problem solved.

I hear ya, but I don’t love my yard that much. Nice machines though, investment for making a living.

Selluwud

Threads
Unlike most of the others on here I would not purchase a Raptor SD. I would not even take one if given to me. Lots of reasons you can read about them in the Hustler section.

I’ve read about a few disgruntled owners with different issues. What is the biggest reason to avoid the Hustler? Big seller at local chain of commercial lawn & garden business along with Toro.

RajunCajun

Threads
Bolts coming loose. Damage sometimes folllows.
Belt braking, alignment. Damage to hydro fans sometimes follows.
Hydrostatic brackets bending. Just what I’ve read, but issues can happen with any brand.

How’s the flood? Saying a few prayers for y’all.
Eric

Selluwud

Threads
The Hustler problems you mentioned are what I read as well and give me a reason to stay away other than the company that sells and services them here. I am looking seriously at the Snapper like you mentioned, the Ferris (no local dealers), and I am checking out a Dirty Hands Tool ZT mower that I know nothing about but is piquing my interest. As far as the storm, luckily, no damage here, it was too far south of my part of Virginia to do much damage even though some tornadoes sprung up around Richmond along with flooding in the mountains. There's a lot of people dealing with some serious water and wind damage in N.C. and I feel for them.

DW