Echo's New PB 8010 Backpack Blower

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not even close. This blower almost makes leaf cleanups fun. The leaves all came down at once and it's been really wet. I would be hopelessly behind if not for this blower. It's like having a 10 HP wheeled blower on your back.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not even close. This blower almost makes leaf cleanups fun. The leaves all came down at once and it's been really wet. I would be hopelessly behind if not for this blower. It's like having a 10 HP wheeled blower on your back.

Better your sweetie doesn't see your post .... :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Better your sweetie doesn't see your post .... :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:
I warmed her car up for her this morning. That's all that matters. :laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update: My dealer says that the first batch of these blowers were made in Japan. They're gearing up to produce them in the USA. His distributor said that he has 18,000 units on order. That's 1000 pallets! Myself and all of my landscaper buddies in town who have them agree that they're a game changer for leaf cleanups and that having one salvaged a very difficult (wet) cleanup season.

I put over 100 hours on my unit without a single mechanical issue. That's a good start. It does take a little while to warm up in sub-freezing temperatures, longer than other blowers I own. I did check the air filter and knock out the pre-filter. Otherwise I haven't serviced it at all.

Did I mention this thing is LOUD? It's a bit too loud really. I recommend doubling up on hearing protection with plugs and over-the-ear protection if you're going to run it for extended periods of time at high throttle.

P.S. - Be careful when taking off and putting this unit down. The edges on the bottom of the frame hurt when you scrape/drop it against your lower legs.

Last edited:

Jason1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a brand new Echo PB8010H for sale in the marketplace. Please message me if you're interested. :thumbsup:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update: 289 hours on my 8010T and all is still good. I have somewhat squashed the metal ring on the end of the tube several times but it's pretty easy to get back to round with just hand pressure. The tube handle kept sliding no matter how hard I cranked the thumb knob up so I just added a ring of tape to prevent it from moving. I have long arms and need it out as far as possible. Still on the original spark plug. I changed the fuel filter once after getting some water from the bottom of a gas can into the tank. It still starts within 2 pulls but is taking a little longer to warm up.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Big thumbs up to Echo. They had a recall on the straps due to stitching coming undone. Mine were fine with 300 hours on the machine but they replaced them anyway. A week after getting those replaced I began having trouble with a kink staying in the flex portion of the pipe and they replaced the whole assembly with an updated one minus the lower tube. It's nice to see a company that stands behind their equipment and fixes known problems.