Scag v-ride 52" FX730V STAL

degutemax

Threads
Needing a little advice and help. The scag runs for about 5-10 mins then cough and sputters and dies. Will start back up after a couple mins and then doers the same thing. When the scag does die seems like it is running out of fuel (backfires thru exhaust). I check all interlock switches which check good. New plugs installed and fuel filter not even a year old. I can hear and feel the fuel solenoid activate when the key is turn on and off. question can those fuel solenoids go bad to where the magnets won't hold open the plunger? I have not back blow fuel lines yet. Any tips is appreciated so I can put this mower back to work. Thanks..
Info the scag does have around 3700 hours but the engine has a little over 500 hours.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Quick thought: Try loosening the gas cap to allow air in when this starts to happen, hopefully it is just a bad cap.

degutemax

Threads
something so simple, its funny sometimes we overlook the simple things. I will give that a try. thanks

Luffydog

Threads
Might be loosing a ground as well. Check cables and make sure motor is not loose. Check charging and battery.

degutemax

Threads
I've check the gas cap made no change, I've check fuel filter flow (good). I've back blew into the fuel tank with low air pressure. I've check grounds, I've check charging voltage. All seems to be good. I do remember putting a new fuel pump on it last year out in the field working and at the time I could only get a Briggs pump. Was told it was a cross reference to the kaw FX730V pump.

Selluwud

Threads
Maybe the carb float is sticking/stuck. Not allowing bowl to refill with fuel. Pull off the bowl and clean up the float and needle valve with some carb cleaner. Always works for my Kawa.

degutemax

Threads
Had the carb completely apart and clean. Still does the same. Install a OEM pump, still does the same. I've notice it dies when the blades are engage and at full throttle. Question the spot where the fuel solenoid, its right above the exhaust and does get hot. Can the fuel solenoid get hot to where it begins to shut off if it's weak. Not sure just throwing that out there.