HELP !!!!

MYTMERLIN

Threads
ON A CUBCADET 3185, HOW TIGHT SHOULD THE PTO BELT BE?
AND HOW DO I TIGHTEN IT UP ????

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Well first of all make sure you have it around all the proper pulleys,
2nd be sure you have the right belt. Plus, how loose is i t now?
And do you have the model number?

MYTMERLIN

Threads
Well first of all make sure you have it around all the proper pulleys,
2nd be sure you have the right belt. Plus, how loose is i t now?
And do you have the model number?

IT IS A HDS 3185 , THE PULLYS ARE CORRECT , IT HAS A PLAY OF ABOUT 1 -1/2 INCHES

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Not sure, either you got the wrong belt or they put the belt in the wrong size packaging.
Is it a Cub/MTD belt?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Well, as far as i know you can't tighten a deck belt up. Just replace it with a new one if it's the original I'm sure it's stretched out.

MYTMERLIN

Threads
Well, as far as i know you can't tighten a deck belt up. Just replace it with a new one if it's the original I'm sure it's stretched out.

I'm 70 years old and live on a fixed income aside from being disabled, I guess my lawn will not get Mowed this year,
Thank you for your help, much appreciated
Gary

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm 70 years old and live on a fixed income aside from being disabled, I guess my lawn will not get Mowed this year,
Thank you for your help, much appreciated
Gary

Garry,
There should be some sort of spring arangement on your deck to tension the belt.
Unfortunately there are no 3000 series Cubs in my service run so I have no service information on hand.
Attempting to get a deck parts diagram to check using parts tree & jacks did not work, no images.
This could be because a web link is down but while it goes on the back burner for a while, could you locate and post both then mower model number off the tag under the seat and the deck model number which should be on a tag on the deck.
These are needed to access the information via the Cub Cadet web site.

Failing that it would help greatly if we knew what deck you have there is a 48" deck, 54" deck & 60" deck listed.