Mower quit wile cutting wont restart

hodakaguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was cutting my grass on my Murray LT75. It quit and would not restart. Turn the key and nothing happens. I can jump the solenoid and engine spins fine, but no spark. When I disconnect all the wiring to the engine and jump the solenoid, good spark. With the key on there is no power to the lights. I am prsuming I have a bad safety switch,. BUT how can I tell which one is bad

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was cutting my grass on my Murray LT75. It quit and would not restart. Turn the key and nothing happens. I can jump the solenoid and engine spins fine, but no spark. When I disconnect all the wiring to the engine and jump the solenoid, good spark. With the key on there is no power to the lights. I am prsuming I have a bad safety switch,. BUT how can I tell which one is bad

Did you shut off your PTO?

When you jumped the solenoid and engine spins...was the key in "run" position?

hodakaguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Key was on when I jumped the solenoid, I dont have a PTO.Did not think of a fuse. That may account for head lights not turning on?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Key was on when I jumped the solenoid, I dont have a PTO.Did not think of a fuse. That may account for head lights not turning on?

You have a handle you swing to engage blades?
It must be off to start...was my point

It is easy to forget to cut off PTO or swing blade engagement handle when your mower just dies while mowing...