Poor mulching performance with new HRX217K5VKA--help?

sig606

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Poor mulching performance with new HRX217K5VKA--help?
I bought a HRX217K5VKA early this summer. I'm ready to send this thing to Craig's list. The amount of grass this thing leaves behind is a joke. I had a Toro for about 7 years and it did a much better job. Neighbor has a lesser Honda model and we basically cut the same day/length and his is fine, but mine looks bad.

I emailed Honda and they sent me some stock info.
"Thank you for your email. You can try to raise the mower deck and this will help with the quantity of grass clipping let from mulching. There will be some grass clippings left behind when mulching, this is normal. powerequipment.honda.com/support/videos/lawn-mowers/cut-quality-general this is a link to Honda's cut quality video, this could also assist you with your mowing condition."

I'm in Ohio with under half an acre, and cut twice a week, but sometimes 3x in the spring.

Did I get a lemon? Or is this a common problem with this model? All the reviews I read pointed to this as the push mower to get, so I dropped $600. Is there anything I can do with the blades?

sig606

Forum Newbie
Threads
Going to try and throw a pic up if that helps...

IMG_5480.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please don’t kill me, but that looks like the blades are on upside down or completely dull. Check to see both conditions. Won’t be the first new mower I’ve seen with that problem. Your unit is under warranty, so if blades are good I would talk to the Honda dealer in your area.