Tires HRX217 rear wheel sticking

HondaJay123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all
My HRX217 has started to have an issue with the right rear wheel. While pushing it on a hard surface WITHOUT the self-propel, the wheel doesn't turn smoothly and makes a strange winding sound when it rotates. Seems find when using power to wheels. Also if I hold the back end up and keep the wheels off the ground and make them turn with the power, the left one keep spinning when letting go of the power yet the right one stops instantly and doesn't keep spinning. The mower is only 1.5-2 years old. I would think its under warranty of something needs replaced? Does anyone have any suggestions before I attempt to take it apart. I dont want to take apart just yet because I have heard people have more problems after removing the wheels(s).

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A strait forward job, should be done at the end of every season.
Pull the wheel apart. take photos, clean up the bits and spray everything with white lithium oil.
If your lack of proper maintenance has caused excessive wear you might need to replace the drive ratchet.

Reactions: de3

Dave Honda

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all
My HRX217 has started to have an issue with the right rear wheel. While pushing it on a hard surface WITHOUT the self-propel, the wheel doesn't turn smoothly and makes a strange winding sound when it rotates. Seems find when using power to wheels. Also if I hold the back end up and keep the wheels off the ground and make them turn with the power, the left one keep spinning when letting go of the power yet the right one stops instantly and doesn't keep spinning. The mower is only 1.5-2 years old. I would think its under warranty of something needs replaced? Does anyone have any suggestions before I attempt to take it apart. I dont want to take apart just yet because I have heard people have more problems after removing the wheels(s).

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

Jason, did you get it figured out?

bgregg32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all...
I have an HRX217....trying to remove right rear wheel....wont budge. Left wheel came off easily. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

gotomow

Threads
Hello all...
I have an HRX217....trying to remove right rear wheel....wont budge. Left wheel came off easily. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Drain gas, tip mower on side and spray a lot of penetrating oil between the shaft and bearing and let sit.

de3

Threads
For me on my hrx it seems like it always the right wheel assembly that messes up.....

bogdaN

Threads
In Honda section there is lot of good info,about rear wheels locking up.

Reactions: de3