Roto stop repair?

AEJ472

Forum Newbie
Threads
HRB 215 K4 HXA MZBA 6416428. Blade slows then stops in moderately thick grass. After a few minutes of rest the blade works then the process repeats itself. The control cable is tight. Other posts on this forum suggest the Roto stop needs repair. What do I look for on the driven disk to indicate it needs to be replaced? Is there any chance it is simply glazed and I can sand off the glaze? Finally, any tips to make the removal of the Roto stop easier? The U- tube videos I have watched make it look pretty simple.

AEJ472

Forum Newbie
Threads
HRB 215 K4 HXA MZBA 6416428. Blade slows then stops in moderately thick grass. After a few minutes of rest the blade works then the process repeats itself. The control cable is tight. Other posts on this forum suggest the Roto stop needs repair. What do I look for on the driven disk to indicate it needs to be replaced? Is there any chance it is simply glazed and I can sand off the glaze? Finally, any tips to make the removal of the Roto stop easier? The U- tube videos I have watched make it look pretty simple.
. So it isn’t as easy as it looks. I do not have an impact wrench. Is there a way to remove the roto stop bolt without an impact wrench?

AEJ472

Forum Newbie
Threads
Used the rope technique found elsewhere on the forum. Removed the Roto Stop, inspected everything. All the parts appeared serviceable. I did find a layer of grease on the bottom pressure plate. I cleaned everything carefully, reassembled, and it works!