Spring and Linkage Setup for 3.5hp Briggs and Stratton

jisbell5

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Spring and Linkage Setup for 3.5hp Briggs and Stratton
Hello,

Newbie here. I bought a McLane 20" reel lawnmower (model 20-3.5 RP7) 15 years ago. It had sat for two years until my puppy decided that it wasn't fun digging holes in the yard and now I have regrown my grass. :laughing:

I rebuilt the carburetor and changed the oil in preparation for the first mow. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the linkage and spring setup before I took it apart and am now in a quandary.

I have a 90000 series that I marked down on my owners manual many years ago, and haven't been able to verify just yet;
Model - 093302
Type - 0110E1
Code - 050926
(Barcode on engine is 050926YA00695)

Somehow, over the years, it has lost a spring and if I ordered the correct springs, currently has incorrect springs on it. I also ordered a new throttle cable which has been missing for years due to the plastic breaking which is typical for an AZ summer.

Springs ordered based on manual;
Governor Idle Spring - Briggs & Stratton 790308
Air Vane Spring - Briggs & Stratton 790849
Governor Spring - Briggs & Stratton 790356

I contacted Briggs & Stratton and they kindly sent me a pdf called "Section 3: Carburetion". I think I have an LMT carburetor but am unable to determine the spring and linkage setup from this information. I am hoping someone can help me out with a graphic, image or picture of the linkage, throttle, and spring setup for my engine so that I can use the mower as intended. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time. My apologies for the War & Peace write-up but figured the more information would be better, I think.

Photo of my engine is attached.

Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_20180826_163312727.jpg
    IMG_20180826_163312727.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 44

reMarkable lawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Spring and Linkage Setup for 3.5hp Briggs and Stratton
There are a number of pretty good YouTube videos that might help you with that spring and linkage setup. I found one but am new to this forum so I don't have enough posts to give you a link, but you can go to the site and just type in spring and linkage, or spring and governor setup for 3.5 HP Briggs and Stratton, or any combination of such words, then scroll up and down and you will likely find something that will help. Some videos are much better than others. I hope that helps if you don't have the problem resolved already.